preamp chain question

clinton

I'm either mad or both
Hi All

I currently have a Presonus BlueTube. I am also now going to get a Peavey PV8 so that I can keep my instruments connected to the PV8 and output to the Presonus without having to always plug and unplug cables from the presonus.
From the PV8 the audio will output to my MobilePre and then into my software program (Reaper).

I am choosing the PV8 cause it is supposed to have reasonable Preamps for the price. I also actually like the sound of the BlueTube. What I do not like is the preamps on my MobilePre.
Question: is there any way that I can get the audio into my software and somehow bypass the preamps on the MobilePre (without having to purchase a better interface. I have no budget at the moment).

question2: When I record acoustic guitars I use 2 mics that go into seperate channels on the BlueTube, then go into 2 seperate channels on the MobilePre and then get recorded to 2 seperate tracks in reaper. If I add the PV8 Mixer and send mixer left output to Bluetube Input 1 and mixer Right output to Bluetube input 2, I should get the same result. Is this assumption correct.

Thankis All

You'll have to decide which is more important to you, getting every bit of audio quality possible into your recordings, or saving 30 seconds of plugging and un-plugging things. Conventional wisdom is to keep the signal path as short as possible and not go through redundant stages. BUT.... If it really comes down to you have to make it easy or you won't bother, than by all means, hook it up for easy.

Looks like MobilePre has a pair of line inputs. How about mixer line out pair in there, and dedicate two of the mixer line-ins to the preamp?

Back