preacherman and Ric Bonnell flip the bird at the feds..musically of course>>>

Ric

This tune is hardcore Progressive Metal.
If that ain't your bag, you'd best go out
the way you came in. (Have a nice day though :))

For those that continue...

Me and preacherman's broadcast of injustice regarding
Leonard Peltier. It's not an easy listen,
but the message is clear.

<A HREF="http://chooser.mp3.com/cgi-bin/play/play.cgi/AAICQlgNCwDABG5vcm1QBAAAAFK5LAAAUQIAAABDbMpTOa4C5tKmdshBwVH.SqT6jrA-/crazy_horse.m3u" TARGET=_blank>
Lo Fi </A>

<A HREF="http://chooser.mp3.com/cgi-bin/play/play.cgi/AAIBQlgNCwDABG5vcm1QBAAAAFK5LAAAUQIAAABDbMpTOZKmE.WQtEtUNSFOzqFbuGs-/crazy_horse.m3u" TARGET=_blank>
Hi Fi </A>

<A HREF="http://chooser.mp3.com/cgi-bin/play/play.cgi/AAIAQlgNCwDABG5vcm1QBAAAAFK5LAAAUQIAAABDbMpTOSTih1aP99up7lUvELdMqJo-/crazy_horse.mp3" TARGET=_blank>
Down Load </A>

Crazy Horse

It darkens our days
It's blinding our eyes
It gives our freedom tastes that we despise
They're yankin our chains
They're aiming their sights
Let's throw our weight around with all our might

All along
Feel the pain
Behind these bars of steel
A man remains

We know what's going on now
How long before we turn this ship around?

We're sick of the games
They're changing the times
These double dealing cats erased what's mine
I'm singing this song
Spews out with my rage
This crazy horse remains within his cage.

To become fully informed on this issue...go here:
<A HREF="http://www.lpsg-co.org/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
More on the Leonard Peltier issue </A>

-Real justice is a good thing-

[This message has been edited by Ric (edited 06-23-2000).]

Good song. Good guitar riff, in the intro and outro, you're voice takes some getting use to, this is the second or third song of yours I've heard, and I think I'm getting acclamated(sp) to it. You guys did a good job on this one, good lyrics too. I'm not up to date on the issue you're speaking of but went to the link just now and will be keeping an eye on it.........peace ...Ray J

Cool tune....nice riff.
But, shooting at the Feds wasn't exactly a stroke of genius.
He should have gave up peacefully and called Johnny Cochran.... nothing can beat the Chewbacca defense! :D

Hi ya Ray..

Yeah...my voice. It's weird. I do what I
can with it :)...thanks for checking in. It
is a very strange issue with LP. I'd just like to see a level playing field more than anything else.

Hi Buck62...

Thanks for the compliments. True, I think there are better targets than the FBI... :)
Why all the shimmy shimmy shake with the evidence though and all the other trash that make up this case? It just ain't about the shoot out at Wounded Knee...

I just wanna make people aware...just look a little deeper into their federal government. It could be a little better and more responsible...I think anyway. :)

Good day.

I'd be lyin' if I said I liked the generic "Indian" drum riffs...but the rest of the song was, as usual a great mix and structure....vox perfect....I've been aware to a certain degree of Peltier....I thought he got screwed for either political or financial gain...I still don't think he killed those feds, too many other people there, and he had the better known name.....gibs

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I'd be lyin' if I said I liked the generic "Indian" drum riffs<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah..it's extemely cliche I agree...but it
does instantly put your ear in a Native American mindset...

I agree on your overview of the situation
with LP entirely...very odoriferous indeed.

I really liked the groove of this song... I actually thought your voice was a tad lower on this one, Ric... Kudoz again buddy.

DAMMIT! Your thunder is better than mine...

I liked this one a lot. A lot of "message songs" tend to feel too heavy-handed to me, but the energy of the song is what had my focus. Who did the guitar, and were those real drums or just really good use of samples? One comment: I wanted that bass line to be a lot punchier or at least more out front in the verse (ala Jeff Buckley's "Eternal Life").

It sounds like this one was lots of fun to do.

Great guitar on the intro. Good crunch. Ditto on the Geddy lee and also a little Pavlovs Dog too. Are you releasing it?

Just back from vacation on Cape Cod...sorry
for the seeming dissappearance...got a lot
of catching up to do.. :eek:

scottfarr
Thanks for the listen and compliment...
Geddy is a definite influence fer sure :)

pglewis
Thanks for checking in. Scott Kesson did the
guitar work. He is from New Mexico, as is the drummer(real)Mike Caron. They were in a band that played on the breaking artists stage at last years Woodstock. Yeah, I agree
on the bass line...also, semi disatisfied with the drum bottom end. It may be reworked though...Scott knew I had issues with those two things. I personally had a ball doing this one. ;)

Track Rat
Thanks guy. Yeah, it will be released on Scotts project CD which is soon to be out.
It's called the Never Never Band with the core being Scott and Mike with a bunch of genre defiant guest artists such as Moi. :)

see everybody around!!

Back