pre amp for everything help

adiobox

Hi, I'm in the market for an affordable under 400$ preamp. I want a 2 channel so I can run kick and snare through it. I also want to be able to record electric guitar and vocals through it. And probably bass as well. Any help on which to go with. I was looking at some presonus one, but it only had 1 channel. I read some other post about using a pre 73 or something like that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The Golden age pre73 seems to be a good preamp, but unfortunately it's only one input. I would check the "Art Pro MPA II Reference Series." I comes in just at $400 and has two inputs. It just may suit your needs :)

Yea I noticed that about the pre 73 and the art pre is the one I just started looking at lol. Thanks for all the input!

Okay, so after some further investigation I think I have shifted my focus to the ISA one. I heard some audio samples and read tons of reviews and I think I'm sold on it. I wish it was a rack unit and two channel tube... but wheatever... from what I read the quality is great for the money. Although it is one channel it lets you DI and Mic in at the same tme. I doubt it but I wonder if I can still use a mic through the DI. I hope I can and it doesn't fry anything

Got my ISA One for a sweet deal and have NOT regretted it one bit.
Really wishing I could afford an ISA428 or ISA828, or at least find another ISA One for low cost.

Back