Prayer For A Dying Planet

Roktuk

God Bless The Apocalypse
http://www.mp3.com/Roktuk

Am I the only one who *chokes* when recording?!? Takes me forever. Guitar I expect cuz I hardly ever play. But I play bass everyday. Guess I just psych myself out.

On a style note, i shoulda slowed the tempo a bit on some of the mellow parts. For added drama maybe?

Line in guits from Crate and Peavey.
Sampled drums with real cymbals procured from a well known companys web site. :D
Keys are Soundfonts.
Mixed almost entirely through JBL computer speakers! :rolleyes:
I just like writin em. The rest is a pain in the ass. :eek:

Good stuff roktuk,
not my listening pleasure, but great sounding recording. maybe a little timing, but you know that.

dtb

I too play much better when the tape isn’t rolling. What I need is for someone else to run the recording gear, and for me not to know when I’m being recorded.

Nice!

It's good to hear some good progressive rock played and recorded quite nicely. This tune has a great Dream Theater meets Pink Floyd quality, with good use of dissonant chords resolving into more mellow structure. The tempo changes are quite effective as they are...I especially like the quiet piano/guitar sections. My only criticism is maybe making the drums a bit more prominent in the mix...but maybe thats just my preference.

Overall, great tune, nicely recorded.

Excellent!

Wow! 10 minutes and 30 seconds! Hats off from the start just for doing that alone...

This is serious music right here.........a level of coolness not heard everyday..... There were so many cool moments in this song that I can't pick out one favorite part.... many hours went into this I would think..

Negative comment would be the overall sound....I don't know what it is, but it might lack some crispness.... I was wishin' it sounded even better... Hopefully someone can tell you how to make it so..

This was an exceptional song IMOP....

Well worth the 10!:cool:

Thanks guys.

Yeah, many hours spent on it. Makes me wish theory didn't tie my brain in knots. Maybe it wouldn't take so long. I agree with your criticisms totally. Drums are a little buried and there is some kind of general ugliness I can't put my finger on. My standard is, "Fuck it, it's finished. The next one will be better." ;) Thanks again.

I love the music. Definitely puts the adrenalin in my veins

The mix is good for computer speakers, but could be better.

Funk on!

I love that shit. Good instrumental story telling. I agree with AlleyCat's likening to DT and PF. I'm still listening to it and I must say it gets better as it goes, damn. Nice job.
Only thing is it makes me want to lend you my Korg Triton for the piano sound. Other than that and a few small timing issues it's F@#$ing sick shit! Nice work. Looking forward to more.

-Sluice

Thanks for takin the time. Glad you guys liked it. I don't know why but, from recording to finish this one really worked on my nerves. Plagued by all kinds of little stupid things. Frustration got the better of me. Probably the same reason I gave up on theory. I figure music is a language and you learn from all the dialects. IMO more experience than fancy book learnin. Thanks guys, time to get back on the horse. :D

Very, very good. Only criticism is a lack of general "sparkle" on the mix. Could be the encoding rate when you made the MP3. Mikey like it!

Back