Power Tracks Pro Audio

Clive Hugh

Guys, I have the above program and want to know if I can change a backing track my daughter has. Without going thru endless hassle, if I copy the disc onto my program can I transpose the keys? I am pretty certain the whole thing was done midi.
Clive

If it is midi data, then any decent sequencer package should be easily able to transpose tracks.

I don't use powertracks, but I would assume it has this capability.

Thanks for that, From what I can see in the manual I should be able to do it, if I learn how to bring in the tracks from the disc.

What kind of disc is it and what type of files are on it?
If the file types are .MID or .KAR you're good to go - those contain midi data that can be read directly by PowerTracks. Otherwise, there may be some problems to deal with.

Clive Hugh said:
Thanks for that, From what I can see in the manual I should be able to do it, if I learn how to bring in the tracks from the disc.
If it's Power Tracks from PG Music, make sure you DON'T CHANGE KEY on the Drum Midi channel (usually channel 10).

I haven't worked out how to get the tracks from the CD into the program, any advice on that?, I clicked on File and there was nothing on "import a track" unless I'm missing somethinjg staring me in the face, which is quite likely.

Clive Hugh said:
Guys, I have the above program and want to know if I can change a backing track my daughter has. Without going thru endless hassle, if I copy the disc onto my program can I transpose the keys? I am pretty certain the whole thing was done midi.
Clive
Sorry, I just realized what you're asking. The answer is, no; the backing tracks may have started out as MIDI files, but, if it can be played on a standard CD player, they're probably wave files now. You'll need a Wave editing program to pitch change the stereo backing tracks.

Back