Post recordings done with mic packs (SUPERLUX etc)

Zorlee

Hi!
I'm thinking of buying a mic set (just for starters) and then later on change the mics, but I just want a set that "works". Nothing professional, but something that works and that gives a nice quality. If you can post some recordings done with these loq budget mic packs (talking about Superlux PRA series, Audix Fusion, Samson etc.) I would be unbelivably happy! I'm begging you guys! I've never gotten any responses on these threads, so please!
I really hope for recordings with the Superlux PRA series, if that's possible...
The recordings will have ideally been recorded in a home studio, because I'm going to make a home studio, not a pro studio. Please help me! I need this!

Zorlee...

Ive never been a big fan of clip on mics for drums. but the Samson pack i was very happy with the way they sounded, limited movement on the clamps makes it hard not to hit them if your drummer is crazy, but over all i think theyd do just fine

Thanks!
But anyone that have any recordings done with them?
I'm spesially interested in the Superlux mics, because I get a REALLY nice price on the (like 50% off!!!)

I have the kit with the PRA-218b kick mic.
Most of the time I use them for live. I do use the PRA-218b kick most of the time in the studio.
I use a beta 57 on snare and the pra-228a on the toms.
I dont use the PRA-268ah's as o/h only because I have some Oktava MK-012's. If you want I might be able to dig up some clips of something live and not studio. I am very happy with the superlux mics that I own.

Timbo

Anythings good :)
Well, I would REALLY love some studio recording done with them, but live will work fine to, but please, can you just pick up a simple drum recording done in the studio done with Superlux PRA mics?
I understand if you can't, but I'm desperate, hehe :)

I have Superlux tom mics and Superlux condensers for overheads. I also use a SM57 on the snare and an AKG D112 on the bass.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/robmenakmusic.htm

There's some of the stuff I recorded using those mics. Everything on that page was recorded with those microphones except "The Paradox" and "Off Balance." For most of the songs, all of the drums were recorded to two tracks (single stereo track -- no post production for the drums!). "Subdivisions" (a Rush cover song), and "041604" (the demo song), were recorded with a Delta 1010, and I was able to do some post production.

KuzinRob: Thank you so much!
I loved the sound of the cymbals and the toms on subdivisions! Great drumming too!
But where they recorded with Superlux PRA or PRO mics?

Thanks for your comments, guys. The mics are 5 PRA 218As (toms), 2 PRA 228As (floor toms), and 2 PRA 268AHs (overheads).

dwdruman said:
Great subdivision drumming kuzin rob

Hell yeah! Rush is a great band, Neil a great drummer and I concider it quite a task to try to reproduce that.. Great job! Sounds very good also!
Damn, I was thinking to post a part of the recording I did this weekend for my 'cover' band, but I'm hesitating now... Damn my drumming sucks bigtime compared whith this stuff.. not to mention the recording which I also did myself (for the first time)...

I use lux low/mid instrument mics and Shure condensers for highs on a Roland preamp and I get very accurate reproduction of drum tracks for no more money than I've spent on my setup.

This drum solo was recorded with superlux mics.
It was the house mix from a show in a school gym. (recorded to minidisc)

I think the kit was a pearl export.
2 kicks a pra-218a on each kick
2 rack toms pra-228a only one for the 2 rack toms
2 floor toms pra-228a only one for the 2 floor toms
1 snare pra-228a
2 o/h mics pra-268ah

http://poundlegion.ath.cx/download.php?view.2

timbo

dwdruman said:
Did you learn that all by ear?

My drum teacher gave me a transcription when I was first getting into Rush, so that gave me the basic structure of the song. I tried to get the fills as accurate as possible by listening to multiple versions of the song and watching a bunch of videos.

I learned the keyboards, guitar and bass by ear and watching videos.

KuzinRob said:
... "Subdivisions" (a Rush cover song), and "041604" (the demo song)...
Wow... Subdivisions was excellent. Would like more kit... but still good.

Sorry, but 041604 wasn't in the same league. Is this a different snare... seems too compressed. The kit sounds thin and weak... so do the guitars. No bass and the guitar is really mono.

-keith-

Sonixx, the demo track was exactly that -- a demo. I didn't put a whole lot into it production-wise. The purpose of it being there was mainly to show others what we (my cousin and I) were coming up with musically. :) I mentioned it because it was recorded with the Superluxes. Thank you for listening, though! :D

TimboZ: I can't download the file! It just says that I don't have the permition to download the source. What do I do?

Back