Post phase inverter master volume?

Jouni

Heeeeelllo.

My amp builder offered such a thing to increase gain on my amp to be. I dunno if it's necessary since there is allready a decent amount of it... But that COULD push it to "true high-gain"-territory... For Black-metal. :cool::D

-Are there tonal trade-offs in distorting the hell out of the phase inverter?..
-After that, I presume tuberolling in the phase inverter would be more efficient?.. In terms of changing the nature of distortion? Different gainers, 12ax7, 12ay7, 5751 would make a difference?

Does your amp have a Master Vol?

What's his design for it the PPIMV?

Check the Metro-Amp Forum. There's a lot of discussion on PPIMV and different schematics. Pros and Cons, etc.

Heeeeelllo.

My amp builder offered such a thing to increase gain on my amp to be. I dunno if it's necessary since there is allready a decent amount of it... But that COULD push it to "true high-gain"-territory... For Black-metal. :cool::D

-Are there tonal trade-offs in distorting the hell out of the phase inverter?..
-After that, I presume tuberolling in the phase inverter would be more efficient?.. In terms of changing the nature of distortion? Different gainers, 12ax7, 12ay7, 5751 would make a difference?
You'd have to use a stacked pot to introduce voltage drop on both output nodes of the phase inverter, and doing so would not drive the inverter any harder than the amp would turned way up without the master volume.

Back