portable recorder

cortexx

im looking at possibly buying one of these ..

http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--MDOMICRO

anyone have any experience w ith one ? im looking to use it for raw sampling . the samples are used for the basis of sound effects in video games .

It actually doesnt have to be stereo because the video game engine tends to pan and place the sound etc but it needs to be very good quality to work with.

i really wanted one that i can plug in a decent mic , but suggestions are welcome here.

thanks

:D

My god I hate these.

Occasionally I'm asked to make 'archive' recordings of various classical music concerts etc., and that's what I'm presented with as the recording medium.

Slow transfers (to PC and mac, USB2.0), poor metering, crappy headphone amp - why not just use a minidisc recorder? Don't get me wrong, I don't like those either but if it's like any video game I have knowledge of, SFX are in mono at 22.05khz - you're not losing anything dreadfully important. Advantages of the MD - changable discs, better monitoring, faster transfers and cost.

Good luck with not getting one!

MohThoM

well video games have their sound effects and audio usually at least 44.1khz , especially when they are designed to take advantage of the THX surround sound abilities of higher end sound cards and speaker systems.

Im going to check out the edirol , thanks SA ;)

I just want complete portability with half decent quality.

Back