Portable (handheld) Digital Recorder

Pastorob

Does anyone know of such a device? I heard that Sony made one (only available in Japan), and that it sounded great for recording outdoor sounds for sound effects and such. Much easier than lugging your computer tower out to the train tracks to mike up a locomotive!

Anybody ever heard of this?

handheld digital recorders

there are two that i know of:

Zoom PS-02
Features: built in drum kit, 3 inputs, stores on smart media cards

and then theres the

Korg PXR4
this one has 4 inputs and a USB connection to connect to PC's.. its bigger than the Zoom one, but has guitar effects and a drum machine i think.

hope thats helpfull

KORG Soundworks PXR4 Pandora, dude. I've been using it as a travel companion, remote recorder, and learning curve tool. Useful accessories- at least 1 and preferably 2 128mb Smart Media cards, EB Tech LLS-2 line level shifter to convert the line level of your outboard boxes from +4 to -10, and a cheap set of folding airline headphones ($15 at Brookstone). For remote recording, I use a Behrenger MXB-1002 mixer to provide phantom power to any condensers I choose to use. Works great with a pair of Oktava MC012's. Yes, it has a drum machine, it punches, overdubs, pans, has a full bank of reverbs, chorus, flanger, delay, and amp modelers. Mostly, I bypass all of the Pandora's effects by feeding it a signal from a collection of outboard boxes.
We've converted to MP-2, uploaded to the hard drive, and now we're working on converting to WAV files, then we will convert to MP-3. So far, this little box has amazed everyone involved in the project. If it broke, I can tell you I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. It's not my only recorder or my best recorder, it's just the one I use the most.-Richie

Back