portable guitar amp for busking and with a reverb to record at home with

hey I am thinking about hitting the street in the near future and i'm setting up a basic home studio.

I think I want to start busking and I want a portable amp with at least a reverb I could use at home. Any ideas on anything I could pony up for?

something that isn't to much of a pain to move around, maybe some brief case handles or something.
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6/Micro-Spider-6W-1x65-Guitar-Combo-Amp.gc <--something like this but this one seems too small but it's battery powered heh.

Last edited:
You don't need to plug in a mic too? Most buskers sing and play. The Roland Cube series are the most-preferred amps, but they are not cheap. I got one of these Chinese amps (slightly different look/name, but pretty much the same) for $90 about 3 years ago: https://www.amazon.com/Coolmusic-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Acoustic-Amplifier/dp/B087G13C2H/ref=sr_1_6?crid=17F8V9O9V6R3I&dchild=1&keywords=mugig+amp&qid=1615809481&sprefix=mugigc+amp,aps,178&sr=8-6
Is the Chinese one battery powered? I don't see it anywhere in the description.

This one dude outside the grocery store had one from walmart that had airport baggage handles that slide out with wheels and it was battery powered but no reverb as far as I know, he was not that great but he had a lot of hobo charm, he had some felonies.

Last edited:
I am tight on cash, I wanted something to record with also. Already have an acoustic guitar and pick up.
Well, you get an amp, I am sure you will want a peddle for reverb, transport, easy setup, etc. Might not be that much more. If you want a good acoustic to record with, I think you will easily start going above this price range. I've not seen that many acoustic guitars that have a sound worth recording under 1K. Not saying there isn't, but I haven't heard any.

Is 5W enough? I feel maybe I made a mistake, but the one at guitar center was half the price than the one on amazon, "2 channel stereo cube that takes batteries".

Same exact model if I am not mistaken. Kinda feel like I got a good deal without actually getting a good deal.

https://www.amazon.com/Roland-Street-Battery-Powered-Stereo/dp/B000W22JG4 no idea why this is 600, the one at guitar center is 300.

Got the guitar center one, wish me luck. I need it.

Last edited:
If you don't need to sing, then I think the Roland Micro Cube may be enough for you. I have one, and they're amazing for the money. They're capable of busking volume too, IMO.

I'm guessing you didn't see the Roland Cube Street for $300, unless it was used. Maybe the AC-40, which is not battery powered.
Yes that Chinese amp is battery powered - looks like the current amazon offering 'Cool Music' charges via USB. Mine has a wallwart charger.

Whatever you get. Keep the volume down! Not only might you get moved on but it is grossly unfair to the other guy or gal with just an acoustic and lung power.

I ALWAYS chuck a few quid into every busker's hat* when I go into town (Northampton UK Googe Abington st) but I give MORE to the quieter person.

* I am retired so really not hurting during lockdown.

Dave.

Whatever you get. Keep the volume down! Not only might you get moved on but it is grossly unfair to the other guy or gal with just an acoustic and lung power.

I ALWAYS chuck a few quid into every busker's hat* when I go into town (Northampton UK Googe Abington st) but I give MORE to the quieter person.

* I am retired so really not hurting during lockdown.

Dave.
that sounds like a good tip, thanks. I am worried about the wattage and I only have 2 channels. I am in the market for a drum machine also and getting bummed I only have 2 channels. After sporting events in town I wanted to get crazy with it, but I'll try it your way for sure. It gets here wednesday.
I won't play 'who let the dogs out', I won't f-ing do it, so sick of that crap...... might play 'dance monkey' though because I am just getting hip to it but i'm sure it's overplayed as well.

Last edited:
that sounds like a good tip, thanks. I am worried about the wattage and I only have 2 channels. I am in the market for a drum machine also and getting bummed I only have 2 channels. After sporting events in town I wanted to get crazy with it, but I'll try it your way for sure. It gets here wednesday.
I won't play 'who let the dogs out', I won't f-ing do it, so sick of that crap...... might play 'dance monkey' though because I am just getting hip to it but i'm sure it's overplayed as well.
Hah! Tip re genre? Most of the disposable income resides these days with old fekkers like me (75) because our pensions have not been cut and there has been little opportunity to go out and spend.
Soooo...anything from the last five years is unlikely to 'get' us. Beatles, Queen, 'Stairway' maybe a bit of Oasis?

Dave.

Back