Porta One manual/specs

tf5_bassist

The LouDogg
I've got a Porta One unit floating around here, no power adapter, however... I tried out a 12v power adapter, and it powered up, operated and everything, however, the adapter was only 150 milliamps, so it didn't operate at full power, or full speed during recording... Anyone know of a place i could view the power specifications of the Porta One, or know what the stock power adapter throws out, and what the unit can handle max? Thanks!

If you are talking about a Porta One 4 track cassette multi-tracker (circa 1985-7), my corresponding power supply has the following written on it:

TASCAM PS-P1 AC adapter
INPUT: AC120V, 60Hz, 15W
OUTPUT: DC15V, 4000mA

In the manual, the Power Requirements are listed as:

DC 11 - 15V, 350mA
max.

That was a neat little machine......

haha... trust me. I googled until the booze completely blurred my vision. and then googled more. found nuthin'.

Robbey, you're a godsend, that's the very same adapter i need... But, here's a question... the power adapter is rated at 4000mA (that's with three zeros!), but the manual says it takes 350mA max... is one of these a typo? 'Cause last time i checked, slamming 4 amps into a unit that accepted .35 amps would rather... um.. blow it up. Confirmation on either of these numbers?

I was able to to order a photocopied user manual for a discontinued tape machine directly from TASCAM (it was $9.99 USD plus shipping).

I went to the support section of their website and they have some phone numbers and email contact info.

I also did a lot of Google searching for a manual before I contacted TASCAM. I just searched on TASCAM 246. I did not find a manual, but I did find a lot of other interesting information such as websites with music that the artist had recorded using that machine. So it turned out okay after all!

Hahaha... 400mA... much better. that way i won't have to shell out >$20 for the adapter. :D and easier to find one floating around the house i could cut apart. Thanks man!

Back