pops

mkeene

Ive been noticing lately when I record with cool edit pro I get a lot of pops and clicks in the sound. I dont think it is my sound card, because over time more and more clicks are present in sound tracks during playback. Its not because I am adding more tracks...I will be listening to the mix and then a little later there will be more clikcs. Any thoughts...?

same problem...i think...the more tracks, more info i have...the more clicks...but i wouldnt worry about it, because when i play the file in anything other then CEP it works fine. You may want to try playing the said file in something like windows media player...just a suggestion

We can't be specific with pops and clicks. They happen for so many resons, usually it will be your latency. If you put more stress on your processor, you will get these pops. Try adjusting the buffer size.

Im running Windows 98 on a pretty outdated computer:
800mhz P3
384 megs ram
20 gig hard drive
Sound blaster live....(yeah i know)

The reason my setup is so bad is because my good computer is at school.
I will have this computer at home in 4 weeks:
Win XP
2.53 Ghz P4
512 megs ram
80 gig hard drive
Delta 66

Should this fix most of my performance problems most likely caused by my setup at the top? One other thing I noticed...the sound gets a little fuzzy, and then it pops...and goes back to "normal"...then the fuzzing starts again and it pops. Its almost like its building up and it stops after the pop. Sometimes it pops out of nowhere, but it also occurs like this.
I was also considering upgrading to Cubase SL...any thoughts on that (fieldity, ease of use, etc..)? Thanks

Last edited:
Back