pops and clicks

swampgoblin

i'm hearing what sounds like static in my play back and in recording. i've tried adjusting the latency up and down to no effect. any ideas?

Ze clicking and ze popping are mainly due to a computer that is too busy doing uzzer sings while it is attempting to play back ze midi and ze audio through all the plugins. Ve need ze informations about your operating system and DAW and what kind of crappy computer your are using.

Hope zis helps,
Dwarf

Ze clicking and ze popping are mainly due to a computer that is too busy doing uzzer sings while it is attempting to play back ze midi and ze audio through all the plugins. Ve need ze informations about your operating system and DAW and what kind of crappy computer your are using.

Hope zis helps,
Dwarf

LOL crappy computer......

Sometimes you can get pops and static if you open a project that was recorded in a different bitrate and frequency than your current settings are at.

Other times it happens if your PC glitches when you go to record or if your latency is too low. I often find that when latency is set to lower than your PC can handle it will pop like a biotch.

If you want to test and see if it's going to record that way (getting noises) before you even hit the record button, turn on your input echo and play your instrument before you record. If it's popping there, something needs to be adjusted. Even if you have latency when you test it like that, that's ok. You're just trying to troubleshoot at that point anyway. When you find the setting that's causing the noise problem, turn off your input echo and do your thing. :)

Back