pops and clicks in monitors

vVShellShockVv

Im using M-audio fast track pro ==>yahmaha hs59m monitors==> presonus tube pre.
While playing back my music in audition I recieve occasional clicks and pops through my monitors..does anyone know how to fix this problem?:confused:

Which version of Adobe Audition?
What kind of processor do you have, or how fast is it?
How much RAM do you have?
How many tracks do you have going?
Do you have any FX on the tracks? What kind/how many?

Usually, this is a CPU problem. You could have too many tracks going, or there are too many FX being used which is eating up a lot of your CPU power. The usual solution is to "freeze" some of the tracks (or get a faster computer). I don't know about the newer versions, but I know that Audition 1.5 has a freeze button on the track that you can press.

I have a dell e1505
processor:intel t2080 1.73 GHz
RAM:1014 MB
Windows vista...

Once again Im using M-audio fast track pro-->presonus tube pre and yamaha hs50m monitors...please help me figuer out why my monitors keep popping while Im listening to my music:(

Is that pc firewalled ? does it have a nic card ? Both of these can cause pops and clicks when active. Try disable your network card and firewall.
Wireless network cards are usually very bad. Since it does this with media player I would lean toward the above being the problem. You can also check your latency within your music program also. Raise the buffer/time to help eliminate noise. But not to high or it will introduce a delay to the recording.

Okay so after turning off my wifi I noticed the pops and clicks disappeared..so does this mean that I should turn the WiFi off before every recording session and whenever I would like to listen to my music through my monitors?

Okay so after turning off my wifi I noticed the pops and clicks disappeared..so does this mean that I should turn the WiFi off before every recording session and whenever I would like to listen to my music through my monitors?

I never would have guessed the WiFi being the cause. Especially with a decent computer like yours.

If turning it off fixes it, then yeah. I'd disable it before recording/doing any kind of listening that you don't want pops/clicks in. ;)

But I'd also look further into the issue and try to fix it at the source. I've only used WiFi once and never experienced any kind of problems like this.

Are you using Windows XP? You should press CTRL+ALT+DEL and look at the Performance tab for any CPU spikes while WiFi is running. Then contact the manufacturer of your WiFi card and ask them if this is a known issue.

Yes. I have to do the same thing. I disable my wireless nic card in windows. Then shut down my firewall. My firewall causes pops also. Whenever a program passes through it (or tries) a Pop happens. Its pretty common. You can try moving the wireless card to another slot (some have luck with that). I havn't tried moving mine. Its a shielding problem. Its just as easy to disable everything. Plus it saves on cpu cycles.

get a computer DEDICATED to audio. No network, no internet and a stripped down anemic version of XP pro.

All my headaches dissapeared when I went down that route 2 years ago. I've never looked back

get a computer DEDICATED to audio. No network, no internet and a stripped down anemic version of XP pro.

All my headaches dissapeared when I went down that route 2 years ago. I've never looked back

Or just partition your hard drive and have a separate install of windows for audio.

I believe I got rid of the problem by removing the wireless before recording cuz every since then I havent had any pops through the speakers...so yeah, Ill worry about spending extra money on a new computer if the time comes, but until then, Im just a solo artist using my studio for myself, so if I run into any problems I dont have to worry much about another artist throwing a fit over my equipment(some of us arent as blessed in our money situation).

I believe I got rid of the problem by removing the wireless before recording cuz every since then I havent had any pops through the speakers...so yeah, Ill worry about spending extra money on a new computer if the time comes, but until then, Im just a solo artist using my studio for myself, so if I run into any problems I dont have to worry much about another artist throwing a fit over my equipment(some of us arent as blessed in our money situation).

Sounds like me. I just play and record as a hobby. Ive never played in a so-called band. Ive always just got together with friends and jammed. Its therapy to me.

I got rid of the pops and clicks in my monitors by turning off the WiFi...but now when I record in adobe audition I recieve pops and click in the vocals...why would this be happening? Do I need to change the latency in the M-audio control panel from 128?

Back