Popping on audio with MI4 and cubase SL, HELP!

Billy Jack

I am having problems getting my new MI4 w/cubase SL and My new HP Computer hooked up correctly. I am having crackling and poping sounds on my recorded audio trax. Sometimes it records just purely fuzz but other times its just that nice little added crackels and pops on the edge of my trax. I've tried every combination on the front and rear panels as VST multrack control pannel to no avail. I've run the program 'enditall' so that nothing is running in the backround like "antivirus, firewall, etc.. and still the problem persists. Here is a list of my computers multimedia hookups:
Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx)
MI4 Audio V2.3.8
Non-Compliant USB Audio Device
Realtek High Definition Audio
Steinberg MI4 MIDI Driver
I am running Window XP Pro service pack 2. I've turned off my antivirus and firewall while recording as well as run the program
I don't know where my problem is but its been almost two weeks and still I cant record an honest clean track. What is going on? Any help is much appreciated. PLEASE HELP!

Basic problem. Your ASIO buffer is set too low. Basicly, your computer can't handle the input as fast as your telling it too, so it rushing and making mistakes (the pops and clicks). Find the control panel of your soundcard, and set the buffer size to some at least above 512 samples (my pops and clicks were gone at 800 samples).

Back