Pop / Rock Mix ....

Sounds great! Not much to criticize from my side. 8-)
The end has a little bit the feeling of the Enterprise intro (that series with Cpt Archer from 2001).

Nice acoustic sounds! bright and clearly played. Very strong singing, you have both a good voice and good pitch imo. I found the reverb a bit distracting, it sounded great before the drums came in, but gave the vocals a detached feel with the band sound. I would have automated the reverb and used it more sparingly for effect but thats just a personal preference...Honestly the same for the backup vocals, it seems to smear the clarity of the words imo. Really though i've listened 4 times now and im trying to find fault, the overall impression of the mix and performance and especially the singing is excellent!

Nice acoustic sounds! bright and clearly played. Very strong singing, you have both a good voice and good pitch imo. I found the reverb a bit distracting, it sounded great before the drums came in, but gave the vocals a detached feel with the band sound. I would have automated the reverb and used it more sparingly for effect but thats just a personal preference...Honestly the same for the backup vocals, it seems to smear the clarity of the words imo. Really though i've listened 4 times now and im trying to find fault, the overall impression of the mix and performance and especially the singing is excellent!
So glad you commented on the reverb! since this mix I checked it on my main system, and you nailed it. Nice to get confirmation on that.
Ive done so many mixes for other people & myself that I am mostly mixing on the headphones and the correct wet / dry setting is something I only
seem to pick up with my monitors or main system, and I heard it right away exactly as you described. appreciate the kind words, the vocals
were done by Alex Vantrue I did the writing / guitars / mixing on this one. Thanks again!

Pretty good song - your articulation is not very good - and when the chorus comes in the vocals go haywire.
The compression on the vocal tracks is too much - and I get that you want to build the vocals - but you've
got to get more control and will deliver. The rest of the tracks are kind of generic you should go for more style
and definition in them - for example the drums and bass don't stand out at all.

Pretty good song - your articulation is not very good - and when the chorus comes in the vocals go haywire.
The compression on the vocal tracks is too much - and I get that you want to build the vocals - but you've
got to get more control and will deliver. The rest of the tracks are kind of generic you should go for more style
and definition in them - for example the drums and bass don't stand out at all.
Thanks for your thoughts Papante! ( and all who offered ) since this rough mix I’ve made many adjustments
To the vocals ( after the intro ) and having fun dialing in the rest, It’s a great time to be making music
Thanks again . 👍

Back