Pop-Rock ballad (now available) Check it out!!!

u2bonoman

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/shakespearesmansionmusic.htm

Song is called "Wondering".

Here is a tune for ya - words written by Daley, music written by me. I recorded/mixed and produced this. It is a little low in volume and is unmastered, but still a really nice tune me thinks... :) There are also a couple mic pops at the beginning we will doctor up.

This was done in my home setup: Sonar 3 PE, Maudio Delta 1010, Yamaha acoustic, Epiphone Les Paul Custom, DBX 286A Mic Pre, an Electro-Voice PL95 Dynamic Mic, Boss GT-6 FX processor.

Edit

I went ahead and put this on my own site since it wasn't available on Daley's. It should work fine now.

for some reason i didnt like the bg vocals.....just not my taste.......that section from 1:30 to 1:51 could use some lead lines to fill it in.....goes too long without really doing anything.....kinda like what you did at 2:57 would be good......

man i really had to nitpick to find something wrong with this......good song,recording,production.......

u2bonoman...

Cool tune... I agree with Gidge in that the first verse section gets pretty long...

About the only thing that gets me is that the vocals are a little too dynamic.. not in that you ever hit them too hard, but more so they get too soft at times.

I would use a compressor/limiter and tighten the dynamics a little bit more on the vocals... I think it would help the BGVs too.

There are some mild tuning issues too, but I applaud your not reaching for the autotune to over-correct the vocals.

Cool tune... great job

Velvet Elvis

Back