Pop music, one big ol image

good point prophet ... corporate rock was thriving with the creation of glamour rock bands like poison and kiss.. whether these gimicks were the original idea of the bands themselves or their production team i really dont know. But even bands like that would have originated in some seedy little garage somewhere.. unlike britney spears who one day was probly no one , the next shes worth a million bucks!! thats the difference i spose. I spose we still have good ol fashion bands coming out , its just as soon as they get popular they are turned into top 40 crap!! oops , bit harsh i spose... Look at silverchair .. they were an australian grunge band who started of playing gigs in the eastern states .. but once they started selling records their whole image changed .. obviously the work of some marketting executive who obviously thought the dirty grunge image wasnt going to get them through , that we'll never know i spose.. But really i like local bands because they are usually raw and unaffeceted by the corporate image thing .. rock on the locals!!!!!

"It is possible to have music that is both valid artistically and extremely attractive to non musicians"

Yes, very true. Here's some food for thought: Hendrix was a POP ACT. Yes -- or at least that's what I've heard from ppl I know who were alive then (heh, obviously, I wasn't). I think most guitarists these days (younger ones) don't realize that.

Spider, Lene Marlin has some great songs. Her album sounds excessively MIDI-ish though. Sounds kinda 'cold' to me. I don't think she's been released in the States either (don't quote me on that though).

Oh yeah, that 'spend more time in the gym...' thing was pretty funny.

Back