POLL: Should the Mastering Contest Be a Contest?

Should the Mastering Contest Be a Contest?

• Total voters
it should be a contest for those who feel like competing, and a fun exercise for those who just feel like trying :-)

gullfo said:
it should be a contest for those who feel like competing, and a fun exercise for those who just feel like trying :-)
Yep. I don't care myself. I would just like a chance to do something like in the PMC's where you all start from the same place, and people try and help each other if possible. Yhe contest aspect just seems to draw more people into it, which can be very beneficial. Most entrants don't let the contest aspect deter them from helping anyone else. So long as we have great discussion, and learn, all is cool with me.

You guys should do whatever you please. You're creating this whole thing; it's your bat and your ball, you make up the rules however you want. If you want to make a game out of it, that's entirely your call.

Truth is not a matter of public opinion.

G.

Last edited:
To me, a contest can be an excellent way to see how your skills and knowledge compare to others. That can tell you if you are on the right path or not. If everyone is jugded objectively, it can be very educational.

Whether contest or not, as long as it's set up to provide feedback, learning will take place.

Back