POD, Studioware, and Snapshots

M_Moore

I have discovered studioware and it’s brilliant. I am using a POD studioware panel to tweak guitar sounds and have access to the full feature set of my POD through studioware. After I arrive at the perfect sound for a given tune, I would like to save these setting in Sonar 2.2 so that they are automatically restored when I open the song in the future. I thought that I could take a snapshot in studioware and accomplish this. When I take a snapshot, nothing seems to happen. Anybody have any idea what I’m doing wrong? Thanks.

I don't think you can do that with a Studioware panel...

I've got only one word for you and that is:

Patchwizard

It's not free, but not expensive either. It lets you control your pod, just like the Studioware panel, but you can save your presets in a very convenient way. Slicker interface as well :)

Once you've tried it, you don't want to go back.

Lemme add...I've tried to snapshot the Pod Studioware panel and I didn't succeed.

Perhaps it's possible. Who knows?

Where do these Studioware panels store their events? Midi channel?

Pedullist,

Thanks for the help. The Patchwizard interface looks stunning. I will definitely download for a trial. I hope that the operation is more intuitive than Sound Diver. I just never really got the hang of moving sounds around with SD. Didn't invest much time either. Thanks again for the help.

It's not you. SoundDiver just sucks. :)

Patchwizard is made by just one person. Support is great.

I wanted a software tuner, now Brian is trying to build it into the new version.

Try that with Magix :)

Pedullist,

Patchwizard is the exact solution I needed. Editing patches is dead simple and the patch librarian is absolutely intuitive. Thanks for an outstanding suggestion. Brian Howarth has a new fan.

Back