Plugin mess, help me organize them!!!

TravisK

Can I organize plugins into different categories?

I kinda have this obsession with keeping all plugins i come across on the net that seem worth it even if I have never used them or will likely never use them. (I like to have them for JUST IN CASE moments)

Anyways, they are starting to clutter my menu when i add them to the effects bin in Sonar 4. I tried using the cakewalk plugin manager or whatever it's called but it has no options for arranging plugins.

So here is what i'd like to do. I'd like to have it setup so that groups of plugins (like my blue series and my sonitus and cakewalks) are in seperate sub-menus and that stray plugins (that don't belong with a group/series) are in a sub-menu.

Like such.....
--edit---
i can't get it to format right, so pretend some!
---edit---

Plugins----->
Reverbs-->Reverb One
Reverb Two
Reverb Three
Phasers-->Phaser One
Phaser Two
Compressors-->Comp One
Comp Two
Comp Three
Comp Four
SonitusFX-->SonitusComp
SonitusEQ
SonitusGate
SonitusLimiter
Cakewalk-->Dynamics
Reverb
[/quote]
etc.

I think that makes sense, essentially keeping all my stuff more organized under my plugins while keeping them all. Basically I hate scrolling so much and forgetting what exactly a certain plugin is for! (This is for both my directx and vst plugins)

Thanks guys, you are so awesome.

Last edited:
help? :(

i have done everything i can think of, and I even work as a computer tech at a computer store...i feel helpless, lol.

Back