please review my songs

ashiels1983

Hello All
Hello all I am a bass player and have been playing for a little while, have done some back up singing in previous band nothing major. We have lost our singer in my current band and have recorded some tracks (live off the floor then some over dubs/effects ect and vox added later)
I have done some vocal tracks for some of the songs (the same idea mostly one tack reverbe and delay added to them)
I would appreacte any critisume or input on how you think they sound are they useable????????
I would like honest input from people who are not in the band or friends/relatives
thansk very much for taking the time to listen and reply
you can find the tracks at

www.soundcloud.com/ashiels1983

I am a new member so I couldn't add the hyper link to sound cloud so you will have to put www (dot) in front of the soundcloud.com/ashiels1983
thanks again for any input, criticism, tips, or if you like the songs/vox

Last edited:
hey I still can't add hyper link now
soundcloud.com/ashiels1983
thx for any feedback/critisum
PMU I feel is the weekest track
BIB/FMOW are harder rock
GTR/PMU are poppy
Delusion/DAW are slower songs

hey I still can't add hyper link now
soundcloud.com/ashiels1983
thx for any feedback/critisum
PMU I feel is the weekest track
BIB/FMOW are harder rock
GTR/PMU are poppy
Delusion/DAW are slower songs
you can put a link by posting a few more times .... I believe you need 10. It's pretty easy to get that many in just a few minutes if you have any interest in being part of the community ...... very few of us are gonna go to any additional effort to listen to someone's stuff when there's just so much of it here to listen to ...... sorry.
You simply have to eliminate some of it and one easy way is to only listen to stuff you can simply click on.

Also people mostly critique songs from people who do the same for other's songs.
TBH you're gonna get limited listens unless you listen to other's stuff.
Good luck .... hope you do well .......... get some posts so you can put in a link.

there ya' go!
Unfortunately when I went to the link it simply says "ashiel has made any public sounds' or something similar so i couldn't listen and I gotta go to an early gig right now.
But I will listen tonight and I'm sure you'll have the link working by then so good work and welcome to the board!

OK, I read this thread and listened a few days ago, but couldn't get myself to comment. There is no way I can tell you what I really think without sounding like a real negative jerk.

But, you did say you wanted honest opinions (I still couldn't get myself to post).

It's really not good, man. Aside from how bad the recording is, the singing is not even really singing. I listened to 3 or 4 songs and they all have the same type of vocal, where it just sounds like someone shouting out a random melody that has nothing to do with the chords being played. On top of that, I don;t know if you're over-dubbing your own voice, or if someone else is shouting with you at times. But they're not harmonies, they're just shouts on top of the lead shouts.

I really tried to find something positive to say about this, but hopefully my percieved negativity will help you in the long run. Like I said, it took me 2 days to get myself to post in this thread. I was hoping someone else would chime in first and open the door, and Jimmy's post sort of did that for me.

Good luck man. Get a singer.

OK, I read this thread and listened a few days ago, but couldn't get myself to comment. There is no way I can tell you what I really think without sounding like a real negative jerk.

But, you did say you wanted honest opinions (I still couldn't get myself to post).

It's really not good, man. Aside from how bad the recording is, the singing is not even really singing. I listened to 3 or 4 songs and they all have the same type of vocal, where it just sounds like someone shouting out a random melody that has nothing to do with the chords being played. On top of that, I don;t know if you're over-dubbing your own voice, or if someone else is shouting with you at times. But they're not harmonies, they're just shouts on top of the lead shouts.

I really tried to find something positive to say about this, but hopefully my percieved negativity will help you in the long run. Like I said, it took me 2 days to get myself to post in this thread. I was hoping someone else would chime in first and open the door, and Jimmy's post sort of did that for me.

Good luck man. Get a singer.

Sigh...

Yeah, I would have taken a couple of days to reply as well.

RAMI is correct. There is no singing going on there. You need to take some time to compare what you are doing, to what it is you like. If you feel you are comparable, then this singing thing is not for you IMO. There is a lot to be desired here. I wish to not be mean in any way, but I do not hear any natural talent coming through.

End of sigh....

Back