Please review my mix ??

Minion

Blow Me !!!
Hey guys , I just recorded a simple boring song on my very simple setup and was wondering if you folks could take a listen and tell me if I am getting a good sound out of the instruments and if the mix levels are ok , and maybe offer suggestions on how to improve on the sound ....

I record on a very simple setup , a Delta 44 and a delta 1010lt useing Mackie Traction ....

I recorded the Drums first with one mic on the snare and one on the bass and a left overhead condenser and a right overhead condenser through a 6ch preamp I built .....

I then recorded a guitar track with my ESP going through a 100w head I built into a 1x12 closed back cabinet .....

I then recorded the Bass through the same amp (with much different settings ) .....

I then recorded another guitar track , I panned one guitar left and one right ....

There are no Vocals as I can"t sing and this isn"t really a song I put any time into as It was more an excercise in recording and mixing than creating music ....

Thanx a Lot guys , I really appriciate it .....

:D

Shit .... I can"t see my attachment I uploaded to this post .... Is there some trick do uploading a song here that i don"t know ??

OK, I hope this works , here is a link to it .....

http://www.toofiles.com/en/oip/audios/mp3/rimmer-21.html

Just click the link and it will start playing ....

Or directly download from here ...

http://www.toofiles.com/en/dl/audios/mp3/rimmer-21.html

Thanx again

Last edited:
Drums sound pretty weak and far back in the mix, like you recorded the whole thing with a single mic in front of the guitar amp. And the riff is good but it gets monotonous - you need some variety in there.

HTH

hey Thanx .... well I know it is monotonus , It was basicly just recording a simple riff so I can work on my Mixing skills , it wasn"t really about the music , just an exercise in mixing .....

yea , I gotta work on the drums , just don"t have a proper bass drum mic so it is hard to get a good thud out of it , I"m gonna throw more mics on the drums when I get more mic cables , I"ll also remix it......

I didn"t use any effects or anything on any of the tracks accept a bit of EQ on the final mix .....

But over all , becides the low volume of the drums , am I getting a thick enough sound on the guitars ?? and the sound is okay for the simple setup I got ??

Thanx

Back