PLEASE recommend me a mic

candelamusic

I've been doing a lot of research but im still not sure wich mic to get. Can any recommend me a vocal condenser mic up to $200. my music genre is reggaeton, here are a few songs so you can see which mic would fit my voice. (i do not know what mic was used in the songs, i paid for studio time and now im have my own home setup, just need the mic) a million thanks, i really appreciate your help.
www.myspace.com/cricomusic

Used Audio Technica AT-4054. Prior version of the Audio Technica AE-5400, but with no roll-off switch. Element is based on the AT-4050. They run about $140 used and were $500 list when new. Very nice vocal condenser and suitable for performing as well.

Folks may disagree with me, but in your pricerange, the available mics are very similar. Dude, it doesn't really matter. You are talking about an entry level, probably Chinese, studio condenser. AKG Perception 220, CAD M179, AT 3035, MXL V67, Studio Projects B1. Rode is just slightly out of your price range with NT-1A, and Shure is farther out. I prefer the older AKG C2000B, partially just because it was made in Austria, and some older Oktava MK 319's just because they work for me.

Don't sweat it. It's your first vocal condenser, and it isn't likely to be your last.-Richie

I agree that there's not a world of difference in the sub $200 market.

$100 more and you could be looking at some fine dynamics tho...

get a Studio Projects B1 and an SM 57 or 58 - both are about $100. with these two microphones it is *possible* to record a complete album that sounds professional if you are a good performer, know about mic placement, and know how to use EQ, compression, and reverb properly, but sparingly.

Folks may disagree with me, but in your pricerange, the available mics are very similar. Dude, it doesn't really matter. You are talking about an entry level, probably Chinese, studio condenser. AKG Perception 220, CAD M179, AT 3035, MXL V67, Studio Projects B1. Rode is just slightly out of your price range with NT-1A, and Shure is farther out. I prefer the older AKG C2000B, partially just because it was made in Austria, and some older Oktava MK 319's just because they work for me.

I'd tend to put MXL, Studio Projects, and maybe the Perception line in the same quality bucket. I disagree with lumping CAD and AT 3000-series mics into the same bucket, though. The capsules that CAD uses seem to have a much cleaner high end than the Chinese junk, and even the 2000 series of AT sounds less harsh, IMHO.... :)

I've been doing a lot of research but im still not sure wich mic to get. Can any recommend me a vocal condenser mic up to $200. my music genre is reggaeton, here are a few songs so you can see which mic would fit my voice. (i do not know what mic was used in the songs, i paid for studio time and now im have my own home setup, just need the mic) a million thanks, i really appreciate your help.
www.myspace.com/cricomusic

I have a video about this topic here.

http://ronansrecordingshow.com/beginners-corner/buying-your-first-microphone-for-your-home-studio/

thanks to everybody for your recommendations, really helpful. that was a pretty good video ronan, im going to your page and checking out some more.

Back