Please Rate my vocals

intenseza

Hey all.

Please would you rate my vocals.

Thanks so much :)

Attachments

• Reminisce - Time Goes By (SV).mp3
    1.5 MB · Views: 128
Firstly, thens for posting just a short clip. That makes downloading life a bit easier.

Secondly, you will probably get better responses in the MP3 clinic.

Having said that, I would say that your voice is no better nor no worse than all the other singers out there.

But . . . in my view, your voice (and the track itself) would sound better without all the layering and processing you've done. It all sounds a bit messy.

My impression is that you recorded the vocals on a backing track you obtained from somewhere else. The sound quality is quite different, and there is a sense of disconnect between the vocal tracks and the backing.

:)

thanks for the swift reply.

This song is actually my own and I'm currently working on it :)

As for the vocals, I'm really trying to come right with them, though
it's extremely difficult. I'll keep fiddling and post more updates.

Thanks again!

Did you put the vocals on stereo or something because that sounded really different. Like, lead on one side or something and a lot louder.

The vocal does not sit well in the track. It sounds too harsh, and overwhelms the music. It sounds multi tracked and out of sync/balance. In essence, it creates a distraction that detracts from the song. You need to go back and re-record the vocal and use some compression and light reverb to set it in the track better.

As for rating your voice? It's hard to do based on what I just heard. Try her again and I will respond.

Marc

I believe rather than off-syncing your vocal track, you should focus on EQ-ing and finding the right suite of effects for it. (Delays, Reverbs, etc.) Layering can be a good thing, as long as its done in a way that complements the song. However, I really like that song! Sounds like a good work in progress.

First off, I'm not going to comment on the recording. I'm only addressing the singing.

It will be received one of two ways:

1) It's unique and quirky enough that people will love it like Black Francis, Efrem Schulz, David Byrne, J Mascis, etc.

or

2) It's bad. Really bad. Sing for your friends and family because they will be nice to you. Don't punish strangers.

a few people were nickel and dime-ing you - keep it up dude - you got a sound that belongs to you - it rocks

keep singing
bweston

Back