Please rate my singing

ashiels1983

Hello all I am a bass player and have been playing for a little while, have done some back up singing in previous band nothing major. We have lost our singer in my current band and have recorded some tracks (live off the floor then some over dubs/effects ect and vox added later)
I have done some vocal tracks for 2 of the songs (the same idea mostly one tack reverbe and delay added to them)
I would appreacte any critisume or input on how you think they sound are they useable????????
I would like honest input from people who are not in the band or friends/relatives
thansk very much for taking the time to listen and reply
you can find the tracks at

www.soundcloud.com/ashiels1983

thx for any feedback/critisum
PMU I feel is the weekest track
BIB/FMOW are harder rock
GTR/PMU are poppy
Delusion/DAW are slower songs
these is a tack of me singing some cover for review too
thx

Last edited:
hey just added a couple more songs I am a new member so I couldn't add the hyper link to sound cloud so you will have to put www (dot) in front of the soundcloud.com/ashiels1983
thanks again for any input, criticism, tips, or if you like the songs/vox

Mmmm quite an interesting approach toward vocal timing and pitch, kind of reminds me of post copious alcohol consumption exchanges between football fans outside a pub. Certainly a style which will depart from the sterile sameness which abounds in these times.
Perhaps get a mix posted in the mp3 clinic to see what folks think over there.

all the best

Tim

cool I am going to post the tracks in MP3 clinc for review
thanks for taking the time to listen to them and the suggestion

hey I am just posting a MP3 on
soundcloud.com/ashiels
still can't add hyper link please copy into browser
it is tittles VOX covers for review
I recorded me singing to some covers today so you can hear a single rack of me singing
thanks for any input/suggestions/criticism ect

I really liked your laid back approach to the song, well done. As for some constructive criticism, you could benefit from more vocal compression which means bringing your vocals chords together more. When practicing to get a solid foundation and balance to your voice (this can be changed for style in performance) try to not be breathy at all and allow your vocal folds to hold back the air. This will give you a rich tone with more depth. The breathiness in these songs should be choice not the only option.

Explore different ways of making sound it will increase your vocal palette

Back