Please Listen to This Rough Recording

FKHUL

This is an acapella of Ray Charles/Donny Hathaway's song "A Song For You." It's one of my favorite songs so I decided to do a relatively rough recording. I have music to it but didn't want to post it because it's karaoke (so therefore it sounds like crap) Anyway, I just want people to tell me how it sounds and to let me know what I can do to increase the quality of the output of the recording or what I can do to make it sound better. Also, please don't criticize the singing too much because it was basically a 10-minute, 3-take recording done on some cheap equipment in my computer room. But let me know what you all think. Thanx! :) Here's the link: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E82822EB4EA0AD52

Jeremy

FKHUL said:
Also, please don't criticize the singing too much because it was basically a 10-minute, 3-take recording done on some cheap equipment in my computer room.

I just think its weird your saying dont critique my singing but all you gave us was you singing acapella and you said you were using cheap gear in your bedroom. what really do you want us to say.

I'd like critiquing of my singing, just not too harsh. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. Critique away. :D

Jeremy

FKHUL said:
I'd like critiquing of my singing, just not too harsh. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. Critique away. :D

Jeremy

you have what they call : "A Voice".

if you want to know if you can make it as a singer? that doesn't just depend on your voice but there are lots of people in the charts that have to do it with a lot less than what you have!!!

Couldn't get it to download - sorry - any chance you can put it somewhere else.....thanks!

FKHUL said:
I don't have a website. yousendit doesn't work?
Don´t know what mic, pré amp, monitors,room treatment you use,or if you are "black, white or japanese" :D
A great singer, is what you are! :cool:
(but I,m curious: whats your equipment?(´cause you talk about cheap gear, and don´t sounds so "cheap" to me).

CIRO said:
Don´t know what mic, pré amp, monitors,room treatment you use,or if you are "black, white or japanese" :D
A great singer, is what you are! :cool:
(but I,m curious: whats your equipment?(´cause you talk about cheap gear, and don´t sounds so "cheap" to me).

Thank you!

Well, I'm using a pretty cheap pre-amp: Tube Ultragain MIC200. A cheap condenser mic: MXL 990. I just recorded it on Acid 5.0 and used a few effects: a little reverb, amplitude modulation, some compression, and a little resonant filtering. I recorded it in my computer room which is pretty dry, but I'm working on cleaning out the closet in there because it's bone dry and has a great sound quality. So it doesn't sound too cheap? That surprises me because I only spent about $250 on all my equipment, not including the computer programs and monitor, etc. Thanks for the positive feedback! And in case you were "actually" wondering, I'm black. :)

Jeremy

Back