Please listen/critique to my new song "Get On Up" (PLEASE!)

haroldeverton

It is not properly mixed YET, but I was dying to get it up (no pun intended). I wrote the song almost eight years ago and it will appear on my forthcoming album "World Gone Mad". It's an uplifting/start a movement/make moves song that's intelligent, easily accessable by anyone and is danceable.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks a million for your support, it's what makes me work harder every day.

Harold Everton's MySpace Page

Feel free to add me if you have a MySpace page. As musicians, we need to support one another.

I don't really listen to this kind of music but it was ok as far as the song goes. It's a fun kinda song. The problem is in the distortion that is apparent through the whole song. Was this run through a overdrive box or something? If not, you got digital clipping going on all over the place.

HangDawg said:
I don't really listen to this kind of music but it was ok as far as the song goes. It's a fun kinda song. The problem is in the distortion that is apparent through the whole song. Was this run through a overdrive box or something? If not, you got digital clipping going on all over the place.

It wasn't. I had loads of clipping all over the place. I mixed it in a hurry and didn't realize that I left some previous EQ setting up on my mixer. I corrected it though. Do check it out. Thanks!

There's still something seriously wrong in the clipping/noise department. It's on all 3 of the songs on your page. It's most evident at the beginning when it's quiet and it sounds like the needle scratching sound on an old dirty vinyl album. You may not know what they are but that's what it sounds like.

I think the vocals may be clipping or it's that same noise I'm hearing. Better find out what that is. It's really annoying.

sounds good...i would try and bring more subsonic low end into it and run the vocal through somekind of subtle enhancer type effect ...buts its good i liked it....that one was blasting out across the hong kong skyline....the wonders of the internet!!

ps my computer speakers arent that great so bear that in mind. ;)

Kind of reminds me of the late 80's a bit - New Edition, etc. Maybe not "In Control", but the other ones do a bit. I kinda like it.

I think you might be overusing the record scratch/noise effect a bit - sounds like on every track so far. I thought it was a cool effect years ago when it came into play, but now it's kinda old and overused. Maybe on one track if you're going for a retro vibe, but otherwise, I'd scrap the effect.

Back