please listen and read message below

MegaGoo

because this doesnt sound right. you'd think i had a bass guitar playing along when i hit those palm mutes. .. what i did was recored the track made a copy of the guitar and panned 1 left, 1 right. but still each seperate track does it.

i dont understand, the low palm mutes have overwhelming bass, but (to me) it sounds like the rest of it is kinda high and scratchy.

any suggestions on how to get the bass out and/or how to get a good sound in general. thanks

eddie

if this is a duplicate post, sorry. my netscape crashed as i finished the post, but it doesnt seem like it went through

the mp3 is available at http://megagoo.virtualave.net/posion.zip

if you dont feel like downloading it, what i described is pretty accurate

thanks

I pulled it up in Winamp and took out everything at 60hz,170hz, and 310hz and that got ride of most of the thumpiness.....the rest of the sound is pretty decent....sounds like you are recording direct thru an effects processor?......

yea im playing through a digitech rp-6. but i dont think that i had any effects on it at the time, no i didnt. just its crap distortion :) im trying to get as close to studio quality recordings as possible given my current set up and think i can do a good job with tweaking the amp and mic placement, but this isnt my final product obviously :)

this is the amp im using:
http://www.mackie.com/Products/PPM_Series/408S.asp

my dad just bought it not too long ago. theres an input on the mic channel that he said i should try lowering next time. and its got a little light that blinks, if the signal is too high i guess it is. im not sure if it was blinking, but thats another thing i can play with i guess.

but to me it sounds way to high and scratchy, save for those speaker-humming sounds

eddie

Digitech processors tend to sound thin but can still pump out a tremendous amount of lows, you need to add some more mids, somewhere between 300 hz and 800 hz, if the processor has an amp simulator you can try putting that on to tame the top end, or simply use the built in eq to kill the highs and lows.

Back