please let me know what you think!

"Hole"....Poe would love it....It was short and semi-macabre...."Society" was real nice....'cept I sure wish the vocal would come up more, whoever's singing has a good voice, and it's way too far back in the mix......good playing and sound on both, but I wanna hear the vocal in "Society"....good work...how many people...how recorded...who plays what etc....gibs

Hey I like these. The beginning of "Hole" was first a little odd but when it gets "started" its fun. I like the vocal(s) - these double things are cool. "Society" is a great pop song. Guitars sound good (raw enough) =) I like the drums also. There´s this room sound which I aim to.

Yep. Give us some tech info.

Hole in the floor was recorded 3 years ago. I doubled the vocal and delayed one using a lexicon ALEX. Reverb is quadraverb room setting if my notes are correct. Mics include
rode NT2, SM57, AT 4041 ovhd's on drums and a Audix D3 on the kick to 12 tracks of adat.

Society was recorded about 2years ago the vocals on this track are still scratch thats why we kept them back in the mix. We will get to them hopefully soon. Mics are basically the same as above. There are 3 layers of guitar. Bass was recorded with a sans amp(the only way to do it in my view).

Supper is a Married man Jam With Con on Drums Wayne on Vocals and me, Charlie on guitars. We have a hard time keeping bass players Patrik plays on society and Joe on Hole. I recorded both of these in my project studio. Thanks for input.

Thanks for the info. You got some same gear that I use... well we all use sm57. And yes... sans amp rules! Have you ever tried it with drums?

I have been using it on the kick lately. It really gives a great sound. I've never thought of using it for vocals or anything else until now. I think I do some experimenting this next weekend. thanks for the input.

supper

Back