Please let me know...do I have hope? Lol.

AndrewGadouas

Please let me know if you think I am able to sing or not. I'm not going to ask for a "scale" of the sort, because the scale of singing would be infinite...or it would not be accurate at all. Anyways....here's 2 links of me singing roughly. There's no background music, I apologize for this. I've never uploaded my singing, nor have I been confident with it. Perhaps feedback will boost my confidence, or let me know that I shouldn't sing anymore, lol.

I truely thank you who give honest feedback. Even pointers/tips help. Thank you again!
--Andrew

(Quick about me: I'm 22yo, have a lot of passion, I'm creative, etc. From Ohio!)

Apologies for:
1) Not full songs
2) No background music
3) Bad mic
4) Quiet mic
5) Bad singing?

LINKS:
Andrew_How - YouTube

Andrew_Grammer - YouTube

Andrew_Saved.wmv - YouTube

Andrew Smile - YouTube

I realize they're not to the exact beat of the original song, but I'm going without music or anything...and there's some rough points from nerves.

Thanks...
Andrew

I take it you are just starting singing? Essentially not bad. A bit pitchy in spots. If you were to get recording software such as Mixcraft 5 it has pitch correction with it. The mic you recorded with is not too good. For a vocal you probably want a condenser mic but you could make due with a dynamic. The more you sing the better you will get at it especially if you can record it and listen too it.

I appreciate your response. Any tips for my voice rather than equipment? I don't want to rely on equipment to make me better. I also have another issue...I turn into a tomatoe when I get in front of people for any reason. Even if I'm put on the spot light in front of 2 people, I turn into the brightest redest person ever. I can't help it >.<. So, tips for this? Tips for voice?

Singing a capella is always harder so I reckon you've done pretty well......probably just keep recording yourself and finding what you like and don't like about your voice; a singing teacher would probably help with this a lot.
With the blushing thing, it's probably just practice man. Start in front of people you're really comfortable with and go from there :)

Not bad. The more you sing, the better you'll get. The better you get, the more confident you'll be. And the more confident you are, the easier it will be to perform in front of people. Hang in there and keep singing!

I take it you are just starting singing? Essentially not bad. A bit pitchy in spots. If you were to get recording software such as Mixcraft 5 it has pitch correction with it. The mic you recorded with is not too good. For a vocal you probably want a condenser mic but you could make due with a dynamic. The more you sing the better you will get at it especially if you can record it and listen too it.

I couldn't hear his singing as it wasn't loud enough. But, condensers are no better than dynamics. Just different. Some great albums have tracks recorded with a dynamic mic.

Hi Andrew,

I agree with the others here generally. I think you have a perfectly acceptable voice, that will get better with practice. I would not worry about the pitchy bits, because singing without instrumentation can be tricky. Once you have a home recording setup, you can vary the style of your singing to suit a song - more crunchy for rock, quieter for contrasty bits etc. You tone will improve too, at the moment the tone is basic but fine. Better the tone, the more interesting the voice to listen to - this is why some singers can't sing a note in tune, but still manage to have great soundign voices.

Hope that helps...

Nick

Back