Please help!

johnd

I am new to digital recording and I know little about it but the basics. I plan on purchasing a BR-532, and I was wondering if someone could suggest some software for me for my computer. If I need any, what kind of software do I need? I have heard Cakewalk mentioned a lot. If Cakewalk, what kind? What would the benefits be?

Those sound great! How did you record the bass and drums? Did you use the Rhythm Guide on the BR-8? Did you use the bass simulator?

I plan on recording probably just a few tracks with guitar and vocals, and doing some experimentation with the Rhythm Guide and bass simulator. I am trying to keep costs down, staying with the BR-532, but I want to maximize its capabilities.

John,

Thanks for listening. I have a couple drum machines I use. I dont use the rhythm guide for any of my songs. I do however use the rhythm guide for a solid tempo for acoustic songs. But I dont use it in the final mixdown.

The bass simulater is really cool. I have used it before. But I own a bass guitar. So I just plug straight in to the BR-8. The guitar effects on the BR-8 are pretty sweet too. Dont just settle for pre sets. fool around a little and come up with your own sound.

I am sure you will have fun.

Steven

P.S. I am sure you will be back with more questions once you get it home. Have fun.

Back