Please help with studio monitors!!

Deadboyy

The other post messed up ,,,,,,,,,,, But anyway I am almost done with my DAW powered studio but I dont know if I need studio monitors???? Could anyone tell me the differance between Monitors and a pair of good computer speakers??? And If I really do need studio monitors,,,,,,,which ones should I buy??????

Could anyone tell me the differance between Monitors and a pair of good computer speakers???

Night and day. Studio monitors are designed to be flat in their eq response (i.e., they don't color the music). The theory is that if you design your mix to sound good on speakers with a flat response, it should translate fairly well to all other stereo systems.

Ultimately you can probably "learn" to mix on anything. But it would be very time consuming with a lot of trial and error. You will have to learn to compensate for the coloration that your speakers are adding.

As for which ones to get... depends on your budget and your ears. Lots of opinions on this particular subject. Best to go to your local music store and audition some in your price range. Take some music with you that you are very familiar with and compare the various speakers.

Back