please help, sonar won't play after hooking up phonic firewire mixer

willow

damn computers!

i knew i was going to come across some issues, but this sucks!

i just got a new phonic helix 18 firewire and i loaded the drivers (in xp mc)

it comes with cubase le, but i did not load that. i tried figuring out how to get it going in sonar (4 prod) (i also just loaded adobe audition and wavelab last night)

anyway, all i remember changing is the drivers in sonar(audio) to asio

i'm not sure about firewire, control surfaces, inputs, drivers and all this stuff, but it couldn't be that hard?

please help me to get this going!!

why won't sonar play now? the tracks load and everything is functional, but it just won't play.

btw, does having several different audio programs loaded on your puter cause conflicts?

thanks

ok,

apparently sonar won't detect the mixer if you don't turn on the mixer first. others on this forum with the phonic have had the same problem.

i got everything looking good.. inputs in the tracks (tr.1) to phonic stereo ch.1

but when i arm to record i still get no signal. the mixer is picking up the signal, but it is not getting to sonar. it is probably something simple so please inform me of what i might be doing wrong.

also, sonar won't playback if the mixer is not turned on. how can i change that?

thanks

make sure in the audio properties dialog you check all the tabs and select the inputs and outputs
also you probably should of posted this in the cakewalk forum. but then again maybe if you didnt spend all that extra money on buying sonar producer edition and wavelab and adobe audition you could of bought a better interface

tbone36109 said:
make sure in the audio properties dialog you check all the tabs and select the inputs and outputs
also you probably should of posted this in the cakewalk forum. but then again maybe if you didnt spend all that extra money on buying sonar producer edition and wavelab and adobe audition you could of bought a better interface

i did post in the cakewalk also.

the audition and wavelab were given to me

willow said:
i did post in the cakewalk also.

the audition and wavelab were given to me
you shouldnt double post, it annoys people you should of just asked to move it or something but no big deal, im more impressed with how nice your friends are to give you thier copy of those pieces software

well,

after all day doing the "process of elimination" i found the culprit... the stock firewire ports on my NEW pc did not function. i installed a firewire card. now it works!!

after days of going nuts and talking to useless tech supports.. man, what a waste of time and energy.

theoretically hp should have taken care of this on the phone... but that is pitiful.

anyway, i need to get beyond that! :)

willow said:
theoretically hp should have taken care of this on the phone... but that is pitiful.
you ask hp how to make you phonic mixer work with cakewalk and you re ganna get mad at their tech support for not knowing what was wrong over the phone

no, i asked hp to help me make sure my firewire ports are working. then, after i told them it was a firewire mixer and they told me to go to tweakheadz. what a joke

they finally told me to go to device manager (which i did already by myself) oh, it says the ports are working properly.... but guess what? they were not

calm down tbone... i apologize for double posting :)

Last edited:
Back