Please Help--need CD prep program

Osbick Bird

Thanks for looking in on my thread.

I have just finished a project for a friend that involved transferring a tape recordings of his live shows to CD. I used my older version of Sound Forge to do the work. As always, it performed flawlessly. However, it was very time consuming to have to cut off sections of the 43-minute audio files and paste them into new files so I could burn them all in "disc-at-once" mode to get a CD with track selections that could also be listened to continuously without interruptions between them.

There has to be a software package that would allow me to just open the huge initial .wav file, allow me to "drop" the track index points into the track without cut-and-paste tactics, and hopefully let the program burn the CD straight from there, accomplishing the same goal with much less input and time on my part. Can anyone here recommend such a program?

I realize that this is probably one of those questions that everybody knows the answer to already, but I'm a bit "out of the loop" at this point. I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks,

OB

Welcome Osbick Bird (woah that's a strange one ;) )

I think that Nero will allow you to do this. You can butt up tracks one to another with no delay time, so I would imagine it would allow you to split a single track into audio tracks using the new index command to place markers for separate tracks. If I find out different I will repost. :cool:

Check this out

Any version of Samplitude will let you do that.
You can Import or live record a long (3 hr+) passage simply drop a start track marker and end track marker for each track,and an end of CD marker and you can burn right from there.
In addition it will convert / dither on the fly from what ever sample rate you are at to 16 bit, plus you have all kind of editing / mastering / noise reduction plugins / etc.
It is a wonderful program. I used to use Sound forge 5 and CD architect but this is better.(nothing against Sound Forge but you can't burn disk at once).

tmix

Thanks for the replies and the welcome. I figured that once I had some names I could do some research, but didn't really know what names to use...apparently Sound Forge doesn't sell CD Architect any more.

I'll look into Nero and Samplitude. I appreciate the help and would certainly appreciate any more suggestions!

OB

Thanks for the info Tmix. I've had that same situation, I periodically grab some of my huge pile of cassettes and transfer them to CD, using Sound Forge. Some of the Live bootlegs are continuous, so that would be a handy trick to do.

Of course I usually convert them to MP3 at the same time, to copy to my Mp3 server, and for that purpose you probably want them to be seperate files.

Back