Please help me how to make the vocal regular after recording by AA 1.5

Drew-G

Hi everybody ! Because I'm a new person in this forum and it's the first time I mix a track by myself in my small home studio in my house so I had some problems when mixxing my vocal by Adobe Audition 1.5 .
When I finished recording my vocal , I don't know how to make it regular that after making it regular , the vocal still good . I had been tried to use the effect in Dynamics Processing (in Amplitude) especially the effect has name ElecGuitGate , but after that although my vocal was made regular but there's some noise and it has noise .
Anybody in this forum could help me the way to make vocal regular that still keep good quality in that vocal ?
Thanks a lot !

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "regular", but since you mentioned amplitude I'm assuming you mean "normalized".

So when you normalize your vocal, are you hearing too much noise or are you thinking it loses quality?

Are you normalizing the the entire mix or normalizing the vocal track seperately?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "regular", but since you mentioned amplitude I'm assuming you mean "normalized".

So when you normalize your vocal, are you hearing too much noise or are you thinking it loses quality?

Are you normalizing the the entire mix or normalizing the vocal track seperately?

Yes ! Thanks ! I want to normalize my vocal because after recording I see my vocal is not normalize and its volume not regular at all .
Thanks for your support ! Could you help me more ? Very very thanks , thanks so much !

The following attached pic is a part of my vocal which I recorded and its volume is not regular :

Attachments

• vocal.jpg
    vocal.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 24
I see. I think I may have pointed you in the wrong direction. It sounds like what you want is compression (You want the volume to be more even).

Compression may or may not work depending on what you are trying to acheive. Without hearing the recording it is hard to tell.

You could also acheive a more even volume by changing your singing/microphone technique. I'm afraid I can't offer much direct help with vocals as I only record instrumentals music.

Try searching the forum for "recording vocals" or "compressing vocals". I'm sure there is plenty of discussion on the subject

You most definitely do NOT want to normalize your vocals - Compression is another story.

In any case, by "looking" at what you have (I hate to do that) your tracks are waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too hot. Normalizing will take your available headroom to *0* on just ONE track.

You're generally looking for peaks of *maybe* -12dBFS or so on vocals - Tracking and mixing.

After that - There's rarely a "normal looking" vocal - Unless it's squashed to death. There's nothing wrong with dynamics. I'd highly suggest you stop *looking* at what you're doing and start listening.

Back