Please Final Comments On My Studio Design

jbascur

So... here is the last version....

Thank you for everything:
I saw johnlsayers.com website and got some new Ideas about that.
Also I took some of our guru wisdom and I changed the window for a "window door" and changed the Bass area with the lead guitar's....
I talked with my arquitect and told her it must be as high as it can be and also gave her directions to floor building...
My studio will be in the second floor of the house over the dining room so it must isolate the floor very well. I saw some people put long sticks about 5cm tall, over the nude floor then a layer of floating floor and then the carpet...
Please tell me if this methodology will kill the sound enough....
Please take a look at the whole thing and if you have any comments I'll be pleased to receive them....

Let the music play!!!!!!

There isn't much to comment on, as it looks fine to me, depending what you're making the traps out of. I wouldn't except foam from any source to be the "magical fruit". Other than that, looks good.

However, I do have some recording technique advice for you, if I may.

To record a complete band, in smallish live room such as yours, you might consider recording each musician independently, using this method:

1. Record all the musicians together, mixing down to mono, to track one.
2. Kick out all the musicians except for the drummer, and record the drummer by his/her lonesome, in a stereo mix, to tracks 2 and 3, feeding his/her headphones the mono track of the entire band, as previously recorded.
3. Send the drummer on his way, and bring in the bassist, and record him/her on track 4, feeding his/her headphones with tracks 1, and 2/3.
4. Kick him out, and bring in the guitarist, and record him on track 5, feeding him 1-4 in the headphones.
5. Record solo guitar, onto track 6, feeding him 1-5 in the headphones.

Now you can dump track 1,since its not to be part of the mix, and this leaves you tracks 1, 7 & 8 for recording vocals and overdubs on other parts that you aren't quite happy with.

Feeding all the musicians the "live band mono track" gives them the feel of playing with their counterparts, while allowing you to record them individually, without any bleed-through. Nothing is worse than having a slightly mistimed cymbal crash sitting on a bass track you can't fix, edit, or remove. Individual recording prevents this. The mono feed just makes it easier for musicians to hear the entire piece, and play along, using cues they normally use for their parts.

good technique in theory but how many drummers do you know who can play along to a pre recorded track and stay in time????

Back