Please Don't Hurt Me

PapaJack

I know this is a Microphone forum and nobody likes double posts. I originally posted this on Keyboards and Sound Modules, with no response.

Anyway, briefly, do any of you know the approximate value of a Kurzweil PC88mx Keyboard in excellent condition? I have an opportunity to buy one for $500.00. It comes with a hardcase and sustain switch. Is this an opportunity or should I barter for a legitimate lower price. I know some of you Mic freaks probably know about keyboards too. I am like Sergent Shultz, "I know nothing." (Hopfully there are some old Hogans Hero fans out there who will understand that quote" Thanks.:D

Go to a music shop or a pawn shop, and ask to look at their "Blue Book" for musical instruments. You'll be able to find the value of the instrument in there.

Or, for the record, you can always just look the keyboard up on eBay - that's one way to get a ballpark value. I'd do it myself, but the firewall here won't let us look at eBay. I wonder why... :)

But the Blue Book is what stores use to decide what to pay and charge people for used instruments.

It Appears...

... One went for $1195 on E-Bay on Nov. 26 (it was mint) and one didn't go for $710 on Nov. 25; though I don't know if that one was really a PC88mx. It may have only been a PC88.

New I found one at Brook Mays for $1300 or so.

Thank you everyone

I would venture to say this one is mint condition. I don't even know how to play a keyboard, muchless anything about midi. It just sounded like a good deal. I've played it through my surround sound system and it sounded great. I have an old Crate KBA150 amp that I used in the 80's for my 12 string acoustic that would probably make a good amp for this thing. I've never really played keyboard before, so who knows, I might be pretty good. I know the guy selling it and also the history of it. For the most part it has been in a controlled environment in a church. From what I've read, $500.00 must not be a bad deal.

Thanks all of you. I'll also try the Dragon Cave.

Back