Please Critique - Powerpop Rock Tune

I liked the music. I liked the performances too. Lyrically there were a lot of cliches - almost one after another.

I liked the guitar sound. Bass is sitting about right I think. Actually I liked the entire mix.

OK you could probably turn up the harmony vocals.

What an good verses and unexpected chorus :( Chorus didn't like me, sorry man. But intro blow my mind.
I also was litle confused with mixing. I think it was a little vague, except on short solo part.
6/10

Very good song, very nice performance and a good mix.
I like the hookline and the harmonies. Nice work!

Joey :)

What an good verses and unexpected chorus :( Chorus didn't like me, sorry man. But intro blow my mind.
I also was litle confused with mixing. I think it was a little vague, except on short solo part.
6/10

And what medication are you on, dude? :spank::spank::spank:

I gotta say, I really enjoyed this... In addition to the above mentioned influences, I can hear a bit of Weezer, perhaps Fountains of Wayne?
I pretty much loved everything about it - verses, chorus, lyrics - I've got to disagree with the comments about cliche'd lyrics. Cliche's can serve very effective basis for a tune when you string them together in a interesting way, which I think you've done successfully here.
The only thing that didn't quite grab me was the guitar sound... It's a little boxy & dull - I'd like to hear a bit more "edge" & presence in the sounds, but that might spoil the balance of the mix... Oh, & I'm not keen on the "quirky" little "cheap drum machine" snare in the intro - kinda outa place & falls flat there.
Great tune - I'll be humming this for the rest of the day!

Not bad. I think the drums could be a little drier. They're roominess doesn't really jive with the rest of the instrumentation. Drier, poppier, drums would fit better. These drums are like KISS circa 1984. Not working for the song. I'm not crazy about the guitar tones, but they're not bad. I think the mix levels are pretty good overall. The song and lyrics are cheesey as hell and I feel like I just listened to a Huey Lewis song, but hey, you asked. :D

Ya know... I like the overall sound of this - drums sound great - guitars / bass sound great... Yeah, it sounds very commercial. I could listen to this in a rotation of radio-played songs and not blink.

It's not very unique - and sounds like a bunch of other bands playing the 90's big rock sound, but it fits right into that category nicely.

Great mix. Nicely balanced. No nits at all, other than its "being one of the masses", but if that's what you're going for - ya hit the target dead on.

Great job!

All positives for me, production very good, performance great - it is just that the sonic palette is very familiar. It just doesn't stand out like your other song.

It is hard to critique because the 'sound' might be exactly what your going for?

As a mix great as a song it doesn't grab me.

Burt

All positives for me, production very good, performance great - it is just that the sonic palette is very familiar. It just doesn't stand out like your other song.

It is hard to critique because the 'sound' might be exactly what your going for?

Yeah, I've never really written a song that could fit in that "typical" Top 40 radio pop genre, and this was my attempt. So if it sounds familiar, that's actually a compliment, and a nod in the right direction.

Thanks for the comments!

Yeah, I've never really written a song that could fit in that "typical" Top 40 radio pop genre, and this was my attempt. So if it sounds familiar, that's actually a compliment, and a nod in the right direction.

Thanks for the comments!

Hmm.. I think it could have, maybe some decades ago (not sure when, im so young), but probably not in current time. I feel like this song could have rather been from a soundtrack of some Scooby doo film for example, which I guess could be regarded as a compliment too.

Back