Please comment on my music! Don't be shy

This is pretty good, can't think of anything critical to say. I'm not a fan of the really electronic sounds but if thats what you are going for i think you nailed it. I really like the piano parts.

Tight arpeggiating. Nice sound. Not a lot going on until the piano comes in. It works.

You could do with a much smaller moon in the graphic on the youtube site, though. C'mon. The pink jitter meter on the stormy night sky's nice, though.

I love electronica, more than almost any other kind of music. This is very good. Great attention to detail in the sounds. I dig the part that starts after 1:00 and the piano breakdown. The mix is right for me. You've got a good balance with the highs very clear and lots of low end. I like to hear bass. Your mix has air and space.

You've beyond needing any suggestions from me. I'm curious, what's the purpose of giving up your copyright?

Thanks guys. I've been doing music for 17 years now , guitar and piano. Was lucky enough to get signed to a label when I was 17 but after 3 years that stopped. So I just want people to use my music. I use my music as time to get away and explore my mind abit and create stuff. Not so much for money purposes anymore. I work full time as a lorry driver and have a 4 month old baby and long term partner. At 29 I've decided to hang up the 'this could be a career for me' and now just do music as a hobby. :)

Sounded good on my end. I just listened in headphones, so can't comment fully on the mix. I could see this being used as a background. Do you sing? Maybe try putting some vocals on your compositions and widen your audience.

Do you sing? Maybe try putting some vocals on your compositions and widen your audience.

As backing vocals maybe. If it's not the day job though, why widen his audience? When he's got us, I mean. :cool:

Hi guys and thanks for all the replys!
Yeh I do sing a bit but I find that if you put vocals on a track it actually decreases the audience range in a way because it can't be properly used for other people's videos or background music to there projects. Also I find the piano a beautiful instrument that when you listen to it it tells its own unique story to the person who's listening to it, and if I put lyrics to the songs it instantly defines them as a 'break up song' or a 'song about a girl' if ta get me. I would like to think people could just put my music in there ears and drift away and have there own story's in there heads.

I did think about it tho and I may do in the future. Also as I'm doing them copyright free if anyone wants to put vocals to any of my stuff your more then welcome :)

Really cool story, glad you still love making music even if it's maybe not on the radio. I always wondered what people did after they get their album deal. In the movies they have a big party and the credits roll and that's the end of the story. They didn't have to think about the rest of their lives. That always seemed like a convenient fantasy haha.

I think your song is mixed well, nothing seems off to me. I have to admit I kinda got bored bear the middle but then it's not a genre I listen to often.

Back