please check out this rough mix

lykwydchykyn

Rough mix of my latest recording. Kind of a powerpop/alternative ben folds kind of thing.

It's me doing everything, and yah, I'm not a real great singer.

Looking for comments on the mix.

Last edited:
Hilarious! :D :D :D

Being chased by a time-travelling robot assassin! I love it!! :D

I don't really like that kind of music, but the comedy of it roped me in. There are some really funny lines in there. Good stuff...

As far as the mix goes, I thought things sounded mixed pretty nicely. I think that the vocal stands out nicely over the verses, but it gets overpowered a bit during the choruses. Also, I don't really like the bass/click? drum just during the verse that runs from around 1:30 - 1:50 or so. Don't know if it was messing with other instruments or I just didn't really like the sound...

Thanks for sharing that one - got me giggling and put a smile on my face! :)

-Jeff

Actually the song sounds like muzak, but your vocals are great. I wish I had your voice. You sound a lot like the singer from Super Furry Animals. If you could make the music sound a bit more organic, I think you'd have a hit with this one.

fucanay

haha yeah the lyrics were definately good. i liked the synthy bass lines, they were "robotic". I thought the vocals were pretty well done, a couple of more takes and pasting the best parts of each would make it that much better. cool song.

Thanks for the comments!
So far from all the comments I've gotten from various places, I've found it hard to get a consensus as far as what the song needs. At least I know I'm headed in the right direction. I'll keep tweaking...

Back