Please check out my band

FZmontanaDF

This is my band. Just want to hear your thoughts on the song. I know the vocals suck. We are getting rid of the singer (he also plays guitar...badly). Just wondering if its listenable. We will add better vocals once we get a better singer. Just tell me what you think
Thanks a lot,
Daniel

This is a slower acoustic song, with a interesting little out of phase type solo thingy.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1673&alid=-1

Thanks a lot whoever you are for fucking rating it a 1 star!!!
cause I bet you listened to it....hey wait, you didn't give any feedback. SO YOU DON'T MATTER.

It's listenable...

The playing seems a little hesitant but the sounds are nice. The drums are a little boring, could use some fills and cymbals and just more playing. Speeds up during the solo, watch out for that. The singer isn't that bad, I kind of like his voice. This is the kind of song that really needs to set a mood and expand on it. Keep working on it, it has a lot of promise.

Jon

ps- you might want to use an editing program to get rid of the stuff before and after the song, saves on disk space.

Thanks for the comments. Its on my bands demo, and I thought the stuff before and after kinda set the mood....that was at least in my opinion. We didn't use a metronome to record, we will when we do the album this fall
Thanks a lot,
daniel

don't sweat the 1 star thing.. I have been branded the 1 star rating before..

Yeah the melody and sounds are there, but there's timing problems that are distracting.. There are some groove problems.. It doesn't quite click but comes close.. the bass is not doing it for me.. It doesnt sound quite together to me, but "the song itself" is decent..

I would probably start from scratch because of the performances, and definitely use the metronome next time.. The guitar riff kinda wanders off every now and then, maybe simplify it to make it groove better.. the drums are terrible.

I do think the song could be a good one though based on the melody itself.. not this particular performance.. all of the performances have things wrong..

dont mean to sound harsh.. I like people to be honest with me.

sam

Im with sam,good song bad performance all the way around.Drop outs here and there and not really any passion or intensity coming from any of the players or singer.

It needs a bridge/build-up/something to keep it from being so boring.The whole song sorta floats along without any peaks.It's like a straight line.

The chord structure and melody alone have the makings of a good song but it will take putting more into the performance to make it happen.

Put the band through boot camp at the next practice session.Play this song at least 15 times or more until everyone is familiar enough with their parts to nail them with with conviction and confidence.

Keep at it.;)

B.SABBATH said:
don't sweat the 1 star thing.. I have been branded the 1 star rating before..

Yeah the melody and sounds are there, but there's timing problems that are distracting.. There are some groove problems.. It doesn't quite click but comes close.. the bass is not doing it for me.. It doesnt sound quite together to me, but "the song itself" is decent..

I would probably start from scratch because of the performances, and definitely use the metronome next time.. The guitar riff kinda wanders off every now and then, maybe simplify it to make it groove better.. the drums are terrible.

I do think the song could be a good one though based on the melody itself.. not this particular performance.. all of the performances have things wrong..

dont mean to sound harsh.. I like people to be honest with me.

sam

Thanks for being honest. About the bass...that was done by the other guitarist/singer who had no idea what he was doing. AT this point in time we have a bassist. I think when it comes time to do th ealbum in the fall we will redo this song completely. Thanks.

Kramer said:
Im with sam,good song bad performance all the way around.Drop outs here and there and not really any passion or intensity coming from any of the players or singer.

It needs a bridge/build-up/something to keep it from being so boring.The whole song sorta floats along without any peaks.It's like a straight line.

The chord structure and melody alone have the makings of a good song but it will take putting more into the performance to make it happen.

Put the band through boot camp at the next practice session.Play this song at least 15 times or more until everyone is familiar enough with their parts to nail them with with conviction and confidence.

Keep at it.;)

Thanks a lot.

You seem a bit down on yourself. I didn't think this was that bad at all. The main comment I would make is that it seemed to loose cohesion at times. I noted the point about the bass and groove but most of my thoughts have already been expressed by others.
I think if you sort out the timing and rhythm issues this can be a good tune

Back