Please answer my newbish question and good karma shall recieve you!

Timmy Ford

Sorry for the newb question. Say I am recording in Capture (my DAW) on track two from line input one on the studiolive (MIXER). And I wanted to progress to track three in capture, can I, and how can I route track one in studiolive to track three in capture without changing mic cables? Is this possible? Or must I change the mic cable errrtime?

Thanks!

Try it.

Create track 3 and assign the input to be line input 1 off the studiolive.

How did you assign the inputs for the first two tracks???

Thanks for responding.

"Create track 3 and assign the input to be line input 1 off the studiolive."

The problem is I am not sure how to go about doing that. I arm track 3, but I need to know how to route line 1 of the mixer into line 3 of the DAW without physically removing it. Is this something that is done within the outs of the mixer or the DAW?. Track 1 was percussion dirrectly plugged in, and track 2 was the first verse with the mic plugged directly in. I want to record another verse on track 3 without having to physically remove the mic, is this even possible? I am sure it is.

I'm not familiar with Capture (who makes it?), but...

In most DAW software, when you create a track, you select an input source and an output destination. Generally, these will be set to some default source/location (in Pro Tools, it automatically increments the source, i.e. the first track created will have input 1 as the source, the second track created will have input 2 as the source, etc.)

Generally, the track's input source can be changed to be any input available to the DAW software.

You need to find out how to change the input source in your DAW software.

Thank you that is a great answer...now that I know it is possible I just need to figure out how to do it. As far as the company, it's presonus who makes Capture...and then you can dump the tracks into studio one.

Back