playing my cubase recordings (wave files)

extendedping

I am a total newbie trying to make my first recording...I have plugged in my M-Audio speakers into the headphone jack on my Firepod (seems to work) plugged in a guitar and mike into the first 2 Firepod ports, created a project, added a new audio stereo track, hit monitor, record enable, record, stop, saved the .cpr file and closed Cubase. All seems right to me. Then I open the project folder and try play the audio file (which I set in Cubase as broadcast wave). It first opened in Microsoft Media Player 10 which said I needed some codec that I spent an hour trying to find to no avail. Then I upgraded to Media Player 11, same thing. Hmm, so I downloaded the latest Real Player (free version) got all the updated I could and when I open up my wave file in Real Player, the player opens but I can't even click on play as it is greyed out. I am a lost soul here. Am I doing something wrong, and if now how do I listen to the recording (apart from disabling monitor and listening throught Cubase which I did already). Also am I connected correctly into my Firepod with my speakers? Someone said my RCA inputs (one white one red) that are on one end of the cable should be in the line out of the firepod (which would require some converter called RCA to 1/4 connector), but since I don't have this converter I plugged the red and white connectors into the speaker and then connected the other end into the headphone output of the Firepod.
Thanks for listening...

The Trickster is right. Go to the 'File' menu, then go to 'Export...' then go to 'Audio Mixdown'. Then you can either export it as a wav file or an mp3. Make sure you have the bit selected between the L and R locators, otherwise it'll export nothing!

Don't forget that audio mixdown won't export and MIDI parts - that's a whole different kettle of fish...

Good luck.

I have no idea what setting between a left and right position means I see the l and r positions feilds but dont know what they are or how I am to set them :(

Back