Playing Audio Through Interphase

hernandog2

Anyone know if it's possible to send the audio from my PC to the interphase without opening a DAW? I'm using windows 7 with a presonus firebox, and it doesn't get an audio signal when I switch to "Presonus Firebox WDM Audio" under playback devices when I right click the speaker icon. My 1/8th inch plug at the front of my pc for headphone audio doesn't work and I'd like to be able to listen to videos through my headphones without waking up the family. Thanks in advance.

If you use an audio interface on a computer your built in sound card is automatically disabled, so you wont be getting any audio out of the headphone or line out jacks on your computer. Use the 1/4" output on the front of your firebox. That is meant for headphone monitoring. :D

That doesn't seem to be the case for my computer, as the audio is still sent to the 1/8th inch audio output in the back of the computer even when the firebox is plugged in.

I probably didn't specify well enough - I want to be able to listen to audio from websites (youtube, soundcloud, etc.) and windows media player and such through my interphase. At this point, the audio from those sources is sent to the audio output in the back of my computer.

That doesn't seem to be the case for my computer, as the audio is still sent to the 1/8th inch audio output in the back of the computer even when the firebox is plugged in.

Then whatever you did to select the Firebox as the audio device didn't actually change the audio playback device used in Windows. Are you sure you selected the output device rather than the input device?

Back