playback hickup

zelmobeaty

I have a problem with recording/playback of audio in Acid. When recording a guitar part while listening to only two or three drums and bass loops, i hear a hickup at about one minute in during playback. It throws the recorded track off time from there on. I'm recording at 16 bit, 44100Hz. When I knock it down to 32000Hz sample size it works fine.

My computer is 900mhz celeron II, 128 megs mira pc166 ram, abit be6II motherboard, intel bx440 chipsets, 15 gig 7200 rpm western digital hardrive with ultra66 transfer rates, 32 meg video card, windows 98 SE. Ensoniq audio PCI sound card.

I've tried increasing the buffer time, to no avail. Shut down the cable modem/napster to no avail. What should I do, or upgrade?

Well, I don't know if this will help or not but, I had this problem when I played back about seven or more tracks of audio. I think it was because of a lack of RAM. Sounds like you've got plenty of that though. I was told by the dude at the computer store, for audio I should use a 68pinUltraWide SCSI accelerator for the data transfer. Is ultra/66 faster than that ? I use an adaptec 2940UW with a 7200 RPM drive.

[Edited by T.J.Hooker on 01-22-2001 at 10:00]

I know this post is old, but did you solve your problem? I'm getting this when I record guitar too. I played with the playback buffers, no effect.

Back