Planing an upgrade, need advice...

Gunther

My current setup is like this… Behringer 802a mixer to SoundBlaster extigy (usb) to Cakewalk pro audio 7.0. I am not really happy with this and want to upgrade.

So I am thinking of getting a delta44 and cakewalk sonar 2.2 (which I would get at a discount since I own pro audio.) With this I would simply bypass the mixer completely. I would plug my DMP3 and a Roland JV1010 sound module right into the Delta44 and my monitors into the 44’s outputs.

But I have a few questions…

1) Can I still use the extigy with the delta44 hooked up. Not only does the extigy have midi ins / outs that I'm going to need but we also run games and such on this PC.

2) In the future I may want more than 4 ins / outs. Can I simply plug another delta44 in and use 2 at a time?

3) What kind of improvement in quality should I expect going from my old setup to my proposed new one? I would be going from 16 to 24 bit, would be getting the Behringer out of the chain and would be using a better sound card… should be big, right?

4) Any better ideas for upgrading than the one I proposed?

Thanks in advance,
- Gunther

Last edited:
I have a Delta 66 (which is the 44 plus spdif ins/outs) and a Soundblaster running together with no problem.

I believe that with Sonar plus the new card, you'll see a large improvement in sound quality. Using the DMP-3 pres ought to help even more.

Good luck!

Fab

Back