PLace in Missouri has 703 IN STOCK!

jeff5xo

I found a place in St. Louis that sells 703, 705, Rockwool..........you name it thay had it. It was like looking at a goldmine!!!!! 2x4 panels.....3.19 each, 24 in a case. They will ship it. L & L Insulation Supply 314-781-9991, or 1-800-716-7382 x403, ask for Jerry. Blue Bear, post this everywhere you can!

There's a place here in Austin that has it in stock too.

I probably bought more rockwool than I need.
When I'm finished with the studio, What's left over is free for the taking, but I won't ship it. Pick-up only.

Sweet .... that's right down Manchester by where the old Central Hardware used to be.
Thanks for the tip Jeff! :D

703 is how everyone around here refers to Owens-Corning 703 rigid fiberglass insulation. The acoustical properties of this stuff are fantastic, and inch for inch is tons cheaper than buying Auralex or other foam products (and will work better than foam).

Hope that helps,
Darryl.....

AllOrNothinEnt said:
Would someone mind explaining to me what this is?
Have a look at my post "Copper and Brass".
There are pictures of both the 703 and the Rockwool.
The 703 is the yellow stuff, and the rockwool is the grey-green stuff.

703 is typically used for absorbtion, and rockwool is a very dense type of insulation.
Rockwool goes between the studs in the walls to add mass to the wall; which aids in sound proofing.
Rockwool CAN be used for absorbtion as well, it just depends on the circumstance.

Back