Pk-6

badgas

I have been fiddling with this keyboard for a month or so and was ready to record something with it.

I'd put my drums/bass/guitar tracks in sonar.
Was going to record the keyboard too. Well, I did record it. But when I played it back it was off key.

This is something I've haven't done before till now so I didn't know there was a problem. When I play an 'E' note on my guitar I have to play a 'Gb' on the keyboard to get an 'E' to match my guitar.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it?

All my guitars are tuned.
The manual for this PK-6 doesn't mention anything about this problem I'm having.

nice to have you back in this section bg...

but is it the e-mu you're talking about???
I can't in any way comprehend what could be wrong other than your guitar tuner needs a renewing.... it sounds really weird... and btw.. didn't you just buy a huge organ thingy... how do you afford all of this?? steal your kids pocket money????

Hi Chriss.
I've been around, mostly in the songwriting forum.

Yeah, I have a Wulitzer three tier organ upstairs, but it's too big to move down here. I've had this for organ for a couple years.

I just bought this PK-6.
The tuners are correct. I also have three software tuners and they show the same thing.
E on the tuner is G# on the keyboard.

I know the keys on the keyboard. Hell, I even checked a piano book and confirmed it.

My daughters are all married. Their ol' men would be after my butt if I ripped them off.
I think the trick to affording all my musical tools is to pay cash for it.
Also, investments made twenty years ago helps a lot. Cripes, I've been retired six years now and I'm 53. Shore glad I don't have to work.

Anyway, This keyboard has been a burr on my back-end ever since I bought it. I just spent over a month learning the chords on the keys. Using both hands, adding some fill and a melody now and then.
I hope someone knows about this sound tuning thing cuz I sure don't wanna have to learn a new chord position just to play the thing.

Thanks Chriss, good to see ya again.

Hi Badgas,

It is probably the internal transpose function is set to "+4" and thus is offset from "normal", or "0".

Tom

Yeah, either transpose or master tune on the pk6. Have you checked those? Seems weird it wouldn't be set to 0, but either way, you should be able to set it with one of those functions to staighten it out or compensate for the difference.

it just sounds wierd that a keyboard would start up with a +4 master transpose setting... but if it's not, then just adjust it to -4 ....

Hey TomCat, Subtractor, Chriss.

Yep. I got it fixed.
It was set at 00. I jacked it up to +04. Now the chords on the keys sound the same as the chords on the guitar and note on the tuners.

Thanks guys.

Thanks again.
Now I don't have to learn how to make the chords in the other tuning.
Everything is ok with that now.

coolness. now get off this board and go play or record something... don't you know BBS' make you get nothing done?

subtractor said:
coolness. now get off this board and go play or record something... don't you know BBS' make you get nothing done?
Yeah, ain't that the truth.
Later.

But now I'm on a posting binge so I can get my own avatar. That's more important than actually geting anything done right?

Oh, Yes. I understand that.
So far I've not been taken in the grasps of the posting binge. ;)
Probably cuz my avatar is so unique.

Actually there are a great deal of posters with the invisible avatar. Perhaps if we had smellovision, you could be truly unique..:p

where's the smellovision when you need it?? you'd all be fleeing like flyes from this bb if we had it available... have just been dancing, drinking and smoking all night... i smell just between a warm tempered slaughter house and a smelly cigar lounge...

subtractor said:
Actually there are a great deal of posters with the invisible avatar. Perhaps if we had smellovision, you could be truly unique..:p
Yeah, it'll be nice when some software programer gets off his scabby butt and developes some kind of smell-o-vision or even a virtual scratch-&-sniff.

Chriss said:
where's the smellovision when you need it?? you'd all be fleeing like flyes from this bb if we had it available... have just been dancing, drinking and smoking all night... i smell just between a warm tempered slaughter house and a smelly cigar lounge...
All that friggin' cigarette smoke is what made my decision to stop playing in clubs and roadhouses. I'd go home with a headache every night.

Back