Pirates by EMP

Hawk Studio

Here is the completed track for the most difficult collaborative effort we have ever attempted. It is our cover of "Pirates" by Emerson, Lake and Palmer.
There is no midi automation on this track. Musicians are:
David Presley (Florida) Keyboards
Graham Seaman (Liverpool UK) on vocals
Mark DeGregory (New Jersey) Percussion
Mark Estes (Pennsylvania) Bass guitar and Production.

I did this mix in my home studio in Wilkes Barre, PA. please let us know what you think.

EMP Pirates - Hawk Studio

Rock on
MarkE

I'm extremely familiar with this tune. WOW! I'm impressed. The vocalist sounds a LOT like Lake. This is a very ambitious tune to cover. Holy Shit! Well done.

Pirates

Hi TR!

As the vocalist who worked on this piece (and with his USA friends fulfilled an all-time ambition to make great music....) I sincerely thank you for your kind comments.

It was a great joint effort, and was thoroughly satisfying in the process!!

Take Care - Graham (Liverpool, UK).

VERY nice. I remember your past ELP stuff. This is probbly the most difficult ELP tune with the exception of the Ginastera cover they did, you guys nailed it. :)

Cool :cool:
- just an amazing performance by everyone.
- my favorite part is the percussion (gotta have a favorite ;) )
- The cohesion is fantastic - the mix really came out perfect.
- this collab worked as well as anything I've heard put together in the same room. Isn't technology amazing.....

:) :D :) :D

Ido/David
Thank you very much. This was a long and difficult project. The music was done some time ago, and it sat on the shelf as we searched high and low for a vocalist who could pull it off. Graham Seaman was perfect for this, and all the other things that we are doing.
Thats Mark DeGregory on drums. We have several tracks in the works and he just gets better and better.

MarkE

Back